Small Teeth Pass (Tactics Mod)

This area is impossible. As soon as I travel there I meet the purple dragon
who uses his breath weapon and takes out 4 of my party members within the
first 5 seconds and leaves the other two with 5-10 HP. And of course can't
buff up beforehand. Any hints?

--

Burning_Ranger

To email: aziz@aziz1removethisbit.fsnet.co.uk

"Burning_Ranger" <aziz@NOSPAMaziz99.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<2tsmufF246mbkU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> This area is impossible. As soon as I travel there I meet the purple dragon
> who uses his breath weapon and takes out 4 of my party members within the
> first 5 seconds and leaves the other two with 5-10 HP. And of course can't
> buff up beforehand. Any hints?

Is it possible to get to Small Teeth Pass by an alternate route? You
should be able to get to Small Teeth from one of the other areas and
thus retain your buffs.

Burning_Ranger <aziz@nospamaziz99.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
: This area is impossible. As soon as I travel there I meet the purple dragon
: who uses his breath weapon and takes out 4 of my party members within the
: first 5 seconds and leaves the other two with 5-10 HP. And of course can't
: buff up beforehand. Any hints?

It's generally considered one of the worst components of Tactics, so don't feel too bad if you end
up ditching it.

--
Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com

"Burning_Ranger" <aziz@NOSPAMaziz99.fsnet.co.uk> wrote

> This area is impossible. As soon as I travel there I meet the purple
dragon
> who uses his breath weapon and takes out 4 of my party members within the
> first 5 seconds and leaves the other two with 5-10 HP. And of course can't
> buff up beforehand. Any hints?

Don't travel to STP directly from Athkatla. If you travel there
from the forest north of it you will not be ambushed by the
purple dragon.

As previously mentioned though, I agree it's a poor component.
It's one of the few components I don't install.

Protection from Electricity should save you from the purple dragon's breath
weapon.

"Mlarz" <mlarz@aol.com> wrote in message
> Protection from Electricity should save you from the purple dragon's
breath
> weapon.

hrm... doesn't the trip from Athkatla to STP take longer
than 12 hours? If so, you can't have any buffs/protections
active when you get to STP - and that's why the suggestion
has been made to enter STP from the area above it rather
than from Athkatla.

Jason Compton wrote:
>> This area is impossible. As soon as I travel there I meet the purple
>> dragon who uses his breath weapon and takes out 4 of my party
>> members within the first 5 seconds and leaves the other two with
>> 5-10 HP. And of course can't buff up beforehand. Any hints?
>
> It's generally considered one of the worst components of Tactics, so
> don't feel too bad if you end up ditching it.

Not only that, but the Red Dragon somehow from the other end of the map hits
me with his Breath weapon. HOW?!? I've heard of cheap AI but this takes the
rusk.

--

Burning_Ranger wrote:

> Not only that, but the Red Dragon somehow from the other end of the map hits
> me with his Breath weapon. HOW?!? I've heard of cheap AI but this takes the
> rusk.

He can see much further than a human can. His breath weapon has the
same range as Firkraag's, but since Firkraag can't see nearly as far as
he can breathe, he never actually uses his breath weapon that far
away--Tactics red dragons are different.

(The better to make you live up to your screen name, I guess. *ducks*)

>hrm... doesn't the trip from Athkatla to STP take longer
>than 12 hours? If so, you can't have any buffs/protections
>active when you get to STP - and that's why the suggestion
>has been made to enter STP from the area above it rather
>than from Athkatla.

Yes, good idea, but then you should protect yourself from electricity.