How to use a PCI and a PCI-E video card at the same time

hawkeye2309

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Hi all I'm new to the forums and I have a question for you all.

I want to run a third monitor on my computer so i bought a matrox G450 (I think) chucked it in my computer and booted up but there was nothing on the third monitor so i searched the bios for a while and found that I can only run either the pci card or the pci-e card as my primary and the other will not work but the PCI card shows up in windows but says it has error 43 is there a way to get it to run at the same time as the PCI-E card

my system:

Msi P9650-neo motherboard

Pci-e card: xfx 6600gtx

pci card Matrox G450

Operating system: windows 7

brackmr

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I know this is an old post but I just purchased a Matrox G450 Dual Head DVI PCI card & I was having the same problem. So I thought I would share how I resolved the the issue. The driver I was using was causing the problem so I up dated the Windows 7 driver on my system to resolve the problem. Here is the problem, none of the drivers on the Matrox support site fixed my problem & some even caused the system to not fuction. I found this driver on drivercollection.com that worked for me xddm32_208_04_011_se_u_whql

If you install a driver that does not work, restart the computer>Press F8> select safe Mode> open control panel> open device manager> right click on your display driver> open properties> select roll back your driver. You may end up with a standard display driver but you will be able to try the next one. One last thing, I tryed about 20 drivers before I found the one that would work for me.

Good Luck