Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 - Front Panel Headphone Jack static/clicking

Elijin

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Hello, I have been looking into a problem I have recently encountered with the front panel headphone jack of my full tower. I just received my vmoda headphones from newegg and tested them out, though I can hear a faint fuzzy noise when idle or clicking the mouse. I tested a game and when it starts up I hear a very annoying and audible fuzzy clicking noise, its more clicky than static sounding. However, it is not the headphones themselves as I have plugged them into the rear panel port and they work fine, no fuzzy noise whatsoever idle or playing music/game. I upgraded to the latest realtek drivers my mobo uses and I dont have a separate sound card, just using the mobo.

PS> Hopefully I posted in the right forum. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

gilpin

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010

Elijin

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Alright, well I tried what you suggested regarding the USB cables. I disconnected both USB plug-ins from my mobo, and the buzzing/clicking is still persistent. I also read that the usb shouldnt cause this buzzing problems. However, I do think it might be a ground loop problem. Hopefully anyone can provide some more information.