Region Lock on New Build

Hi, this is my new build below:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P Intel z68

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 12GB DDR 1600Mhz

GPU: GTX 570

PSU: 650-850w

I have been using this website for the decent, honest advise and novatech.co.uk to look up the parts for a reference to price.

Regarding the build and actual purchasing I have a few queries:

What I have found is a lot of people on this website recommend newegg.com (price being obvious reason) but my question is; if I order my new rig from this website, will I be restricted to using an US version of the OS, programs, games I run etc?

I know this must be a really silly question but I need to clear it up before I attempt to buy and build my new rig.

ALSO if anyone could help and recommend (taking into consideration Mobo, CPU, RAM):

manufacturer of the GTX 570
sufficient and reliable PSU
reliable and cooling case which will keep my hardware happy.

I also to plan to run a SSD drive alongside a standard HD, but I am unsure of decent manufacturer's for either of these aswell.

Any help/advise would be dearly appreciated :)

Sean
3 answers Last reply
More about region lock build
  1. no you wont be limited to US stuff. when you install windows the region you pick is where it ends up. the only hardware i know of that has region specific crap is dvds.
  2. Thank you for your quick reply.

Just to clarify, I could order my hardware parts from US, but I would have to order the OS from a UK outlet?
  3. microsoft sells the software as for a specific region but really you can use any. just the default language changes.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Intel New Build Systems Product