Last response: in Systems
August 31, 2011 4:52:29 PM

Hi, this is my new build below:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P Intel z68

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 12GB DDR 1600Mhz

GPU: GTX 570

PSU: 650-850w

I have been using this website for the decent, honest advise and novatech.co.uk to look up the parts for a reference to price.

Regarding the build and actual purchasing I have a few queries:

What I have found is a lot of people on this website recommend newegg.com (price being obvious reason) but my question is; if I order my new rig from this website, will I be restricted to using an US version of the OS, programs, games I run etc?

I know this must be a really silly question but I need to clear it up before I attempt to buy and build my new rig.

ALSO if anyone could help and recommend (taking into consideration Mobo, CPU, RAM):

manufacturer of the GTX 570
sufficient and reliable PSU
reliable and cooling case which will keep my hardware happy.

I also to plan to run a SSD drive alongside a standard HD, but I am unsure of decent manufacturer's for either of these aswell.

Any help/advise would be dearly appreciated :) 

Sean

More about : region lock build

August 31, 2011 5:05:11 PM

no you wont be limited to US stuff. when you install windows the region you pick is where it ends up. the only hardware i know of that has region specific crap is dvds.
August 31, 2011 5:16:22 PM

Thank you for your quick reply.

Just to clarify, I could order my hardware parts from US, but I would have to order the OS from a UK outlet?
September 3, 2011 3:08:02 PM

microsoft sells the software as for a specific region but really you can use any. just the default language changes.
!