Sign in with
Your question

Need Eyefinity Advice

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 29, 2011 1:47:26 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: ASAP

BUDGET RANGE: $200-$350

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Must be able to do gaming across 3 screens or either 1 while having the other 2 do other stuff.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: MSI N470GTX Twin Frozr II(RMA'd atm), using Sapphire 4850 in its place. Power supply 800W Gold.

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: NZXT Phantom II case(plenty of room for long VGA), Core 2 Quad 9650, 6 gigs of DDR2 RAM.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Amazon.com, Newegg.com, etc.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

PARTS PREFERENCES: obviously, AMD/ATI

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe (Mobo can crossfire)

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 3 ASUS VH236 23" 1080P monitors(they have HDMI and DVI hookups)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Been looking at this card: Sapphire 6950FLEX. It can hookup 3 monitors without extra cables needed to buy but this 6950 cannot be flashed to a 6970.

Question is, is this worth it, would I be missing anything by not getting a 6970 and a display port adapter? Does any other manufacturer do anything remotely close to Sapphire as far as hooking up three screens. Oh and say I got the card, it is possible to put it into crossfire with another 6950 that can be flashed?

More about : eyefinity advice

June 29, 2011 5:00:48 PM

I must have asked the most single hardest question or either TH posters don't use Eyefinity.

Basically, should I stick with a 6950 that can easily do 3 monitors or get better performance from a 6970 and buy the adapter. Lets basically say its for gaming and more specifically BF3 when it releases.
a b U Graphics card
June 29, 2011 6:10:46 PM

i have a 6970 and it does the job in eyfinity quite well. but i have a dp monitor... i see nothing wrong with going for the flex... its gotten great reviews....and im pretty sure they are phasing out "flashable" 6950's
!