classic theme error

hi
when i try to load windows classic theme for XP it comes
up saying
"could not load theme. unspecified error" i dont know
what happened one day it worked the next it didn't.
email me at deathflamekero_sine_on_fire@htomail.com
(remove the deathflame form email)

Hi,

Open C:\WINDOWS\resources\Themes folder and double-click "Windows Classic" theme file and click Apply. When does this error occur? While applying changes or while selecting the file?

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

The Parasite Fight:
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php

"Deathflame" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29bc301c46688$cd338e70$a601280a@phx.gbl...
hi
when i try to load windows classic theme for XP it comes
up saying
"could not load theme. unspecified error" i dont know
what happened one day it worked the next it didn't.
email me at deathflamekero_sine_on_fire@htomail.com
(remove the deathflame form email)

it occurs when you select it in display, and it doesnt
change it to what its supposed to look like when you do
apply it

this error occurs when you double click on

Create a Windows Classic.theme file based on the contents below, and place it in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes:

--
; Copyright © Microsoft Corp. 1995-2001

[Theme]
DisplayName=@themeui.dll,-2016

; My Computer
[CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\DefaultIcon]
DefaultValue=%WinDir%explorer.exe,0

; My Documents
[CLSID\{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}\DefaultIcon]
DefaultValue=%WinDir%SYSTEM32\mydocs.dll,0

; My Network Places
[CLSID\{208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}\DefaultIcon]
DefaultValue=%WinDir%SYSTEM32\shell32.dll,17

; Recycle Bin
[CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\DefaultIcon]
full=%WinDir%SYSTEM32\shell32.dll,32
empty=%WinDir%SYSTEM32\shell32.dll,31

"Deathflame" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a5fa01c46709$44f48a60$a501280a@phx.gbl...
it occurs when you select it in display, and it doesnt
change it to what its supposed to look like when you do
apply it

ok well it works but it keeps it at its original classic
xp theme

Ok man, I've had the exact same problem you're describing, and I managed
solve it. What you do is this:

1. Create a new user.
2. Log into this user.
3. Insert WinXP Setup CD, and choose "Perform additional tasks", and
then "T
rasnfer files and settings".
4. Choose "old computer", and then "other", and specify a place to
store (pr
eferably a different drive) your settings. Next.
5. Choose "settings only", and check the "let me select" box below.
6. remove all the settings except "display" - and back up.
7. Now log off, and log on with your old user (the one with the corrupt
them
e), and perform step 3 again.
8. This time choose "new computer", and then "other", and spesify the
place
you saves your other user's setting, so you can back up from them.
9. Back 'em up.

You're done!!

You can erase the new user from the user settings in the control panel,
and
get on with your work. let me know if it helped!!

--
Luca Brasi