Problem with graphic card HD 5670

My specs:
Motherboard: M2NE-SLI
Processor: AMD Athlon Dual Core 4200+
Ram memory: 3Gb
Power Supply: Codegen 400W

And now...My problem is whenever i try to start some game my computer freezes. Before this graphic card i used nVidia 9800gt and every game worked fine, there wasnt any problem until it stopped working, green lines over monitor etc... so i bought hd5670. Now anyone knows what should i do to make this card work? maybe uncompatibility with motherboard? Hope to get answers soon. Thank you
10 answers Last reply
More about problem graphic card 5670
  1. you downgraded your card.the 9800 GT was more powerful than 5670
  2. Can you tell me what can i do to play games regulary with this one?
  3. it sounds to me like you dont have enough power comin from your psu
  4. celpas said:
    you downgraded your card.the 9800 GT was more powerful than 5670

the performance difference are minimal so i believe he won't notice much difference in performance compared to his dead 9800GT

Anonymous said:
    it sounds to me like you dont have enough power comin from your psu

i believe so.
  5. you need a psu that hefe more then 500w
  6. The HD 5670 should work with generic PSUs. Have you got the drivers properly installed?
  7. Tamz_msc said:
    The HD 5670 should work with generic PSUs. Have you got the drivers properly installed?

i believe most 400w-500w generic power supply should be able to power up card without any 6 pin power connector. but from from my personal experience most my generic power supply never survive a full year before they start showing broken symptom such as random shutdown when playing games. though it may look his PSU able to power up his previous card just fine but there is a chance his power supply start to fail if he really use it for quite some time already. just my 2 cents :)
  8. As far as I know the HD 5670 does not require external power.
  9. Tamz_msc said:
    As far as I know the HD 5670 does not require external power.

i know that too. but my point is about generic PSU. though they can power up the system properly but they are quick to die. still remember one of my generic PSU having problem to boot up my PC from time to time with HD4550 in it
  10. disturbedgm said:
    My specs:
    Motherboard: M2NE-SLI
    Processor: AMD Athlon Dual Core 4200+
    Ram memory: 3Gb
    Power Supply: Codegen 400W

And now...My problem is whenever i try to start some game my computer freezes. Before this graphic card i used nVidia 9800gt and every game worked fine, there wasnt any problem until it stopped working, green lines over monitor etc... so i bought hd5670. Now anyone knows what should i do to make this card work? maybe uncompatibility with motherboard? Hope to get answers soon. Thank you

Make sure your mobo BIOS up to-date, If not you can get it here: ( M2N-E-SLI 1301 BIOS
    Fixed it takes long time to check ATI EAH 5570 VGA card ) http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2/M2NE_SLI/#download
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics