Losing video Asus VH222H-P (on 280GTX OCX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS4Vegeta0

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Hello community,

I just bough a Asus VH222h-p monitor to replace my old one. I have it connected w/ HDMI cable, upon connection it works for 2 seconds on 1080p resolution, but then it loose video (if I shut off screen and turn back on, it comes back fine, for the whole 2 seconds). At first I though it was a problem w/ video card (GTX280 OCX) but that does not seem to be the case (latests NVIDIA drivers are installed). I tried switching to the DVI port and same thing happens.

When I plug in my old monitor (which uses DVI) I get video feed w/o losing it, so I tried connecting them both for an extended display (so I can troubleshoot issue by draging to my old monitor) but same thing happens (on the Asus). Connections between motherboard and video card are fine (I have been using thie rig for 2 years or so, no changes besides new monitor were made). Any ideas to what might be the problem? Thanks in advance for any imput.

Solution
Use a bright light or flashlight to see if the image is still really there on the screen and just the backlight has went out.
Since you just bought it you should return it for another or start a warranty repair.

SS4Vegeta0

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010

Thanks, even though by the time I got this message I had returned the monitor already, that is actually good advice, can't believe I forgot about the lamp trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.