Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard & Cpu Temperature

Last response: in Motherboards
September 6, 2012 2:12:29 AM

I have as Asus M% A99X motherboard and AMD CPU. The temperature of the motherboard went up to 128 degrees F today. Later it was about 114 degree Fahrenheit. I have a graphics card, fairly large, also Asus. It seems to get hot.

I realized todya I was only operating with a CPU fan , a power supply fan, and a video card fan(Asus).

I am now looking into getting a more advanced cpu cooling system and three fans. Two for the back and one for the side.

I think if I get the fans it will correct things. However are there other possible problems? I.E. faulty parts. Everything works fine when in use. In fact I was just waiting for W4Qindows 7 64 bit to arrive.

What is the general procedure in a case like this?

Pleas help. I need to make sure this system works.

Thanks,

Chris
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 6, 2012 2:53:01 AM

By all means get two fans installed on the rear of the case, just make sure that the fans exhaust the air out of the case. I have never seen motherboard temps. that high! are you sure they are not cpu temps. at 128 degrees F. You may have an option on what kind of connectors you want to use on the fans, your motherboard might have some fan headers on it either three pin or four pin, the four pin you can use a PWM fan, in that case the motherboard controls the speed of the fan, otherwise you can get regular fans that hook up to the power supply molex connectors if you have spare ones.
m
l
September 6, 2012 3:37:56 AM

knightdog56 said:
By all means get two fans installed on the rear of the case, just make sure that the fans exhaust the air out of the case. I have never seen motherboard temps. that high! are you sure they are not cpu temps. at 128 degrees F. You may have an option on what kind of connectors you want to use on the fans, your motherboard might have some fan headers on it either three pin or four pin, the four pin you can use a PWM fan, in that case the motherboard controls the speed of the fan, otherwise you can get regular fans that hook up to the power supply molex connectors if you have spare ones.

Thank You!
m
l
!