badtaylorx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
hello guys...i was hoping my first post with the new rig would be a positive one,,,but alas it was not to be...... got a new 990fx sabertooth and a 2nd 6970 asus dcii and have had a heller time getting the 2nd slot card to show....im at my wits end here......tested both cards and both work..plenty of power (nzxt 850 _ fsp 450w booster) both tested and working,,,re-re-re-re-installed drivers......both cards work from both slots alone.....but plug em in at the same time and i only get one....

i need fresh ideas pls help
thanx in advance
bTx

badtaylorx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
i was using the 850 to power one and the 450 to power the other...
update.....
well when i shut down the other day the nzxt psu died....perhaps this was part of my problem......im rma'ing that 850w but buying a bigger one anyway (1000w) hopfullyl this helps.... im only going to use the 1000 watt- no booster this time

OP: get a single quality psu, not some NZXT piece of crap, not a good idea if you value your components, if you can afford two 6970s then you can come up with the money for a quality Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, or XFX 850w unit. Its just not a smart thing to go cheap on