Crossfire woes!!!

hello guys...i was hoping my first post with the new rig would be a positive one,,,but alas it was not to be...... got a new 990fx sabertooth and a 2nd 6970 asus dcii and have had a heller time getting the 2nd slot card to show....im at my wits end here......tested both cards and both work..plenty of power (nzxt 850 _ fsp 450w booster) both tested and working,,,re-re-re-re-installed drivers......both cards work from both slots alone.....but plug em in at the same time and i only get one....

i need fresh ideas pls help
thanx in advance
bTx
9 answers Last reply
More about crossfire woes
  1. Did you connect the Crossfire bridge?
    Did you update your motherboard BIOS?
    Did you enable Crossfire in both the BIOS and the drivers?

Just a few things that pop to mind.
  2. yes,,,/ 401 is the only bios out for the sabertooth990fx so far,,,/ and crossfire wont show up in the driver unless the board detects the card

NZXT hale 90 850w in combo with a FSP X5 450w booster
  3. i was using the 850 to power one and the 450 to power the other...
    update.....
    well when i shut down the other day the nzxt psu died....perhaps this was part of my problem......im rma'ing that 850w but buying a bigger one anyway (1000w) hopfullyl this helps.... im only going to use the 1000 watt- no booster this time
  4. i just overestematied its amperage .......i need 40+amps and this lil guy only has 37.5
  5. badtaylorx said:
    i just overestematied its amperage .......i need 40+amps and this lil guy only has 37.5

Aren't ATi/AMD cards supposed to be good on power consumption?
  6. OP: get a single quality psu, not some NZXT piece of crap, not a good idea if you value your components, if you can afford two 6970s then you can come up with the money for a quality Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, or XFX 850w unit. Its just not a smart thing to go cheap on
  7. Mousemonkey said:
    Aren't ATi/AMD cards supposed to be good on power consumption?

good on power consumption but not on noise db when talking about reference models imo
  8. jjb8675309 said:
    good on power consumption but not on noise db when talking about reference models imo

Yes I've read a few reviews that made mention of the noise levels.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Crossfire Graphics Product