Screen Flickering and Glitchy, Need Some Assistance!

OneSt3pCloser

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Greetings all! I need some assistance if possible. My monitor has started to flicker and glitch up a bit on the desktop and have no idea what is causing it. I have recorded a video and posted it on youtube so you guys can get an idea what's happening.

http://youtu.be/aGfuMyqeRGI

Ok so I have been currently updating my computer part by part within the last 3 months. This problem just started happening when i recently upgraded my graphics card, extra 8 gigs of ram, power supply and added a Corsair H-80 cpu liquid cooler (all these parts were upgraded at once). The following set-up that I'm going to list never had this issue ever before.

Previous Set-up without issues:

Intel i7-2600K 3.4 GHz
Asrock Fatal1ty P67 Professional Series Motherboard
8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
2 GTX 275 (SLI)
700Watt OEM ATX PSU REV2 Power Supply
OCZ Technology 80 GB Vertex 2 Series SATA II 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive
Asus VE278Q Monitor
Windows 7 (64 bit)

Now the Setup that's causing the issue:

Intel i7-2600K 3.4 GHz (OC to 4.8 GHz)
Corsair H-80 Liquid Cooler for CPU
Asrock Fatal1ty P67 Professional Series Motherboard
16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
EVGA GTX 580 SC
GTX 275 (Dedicated only for PhysX)
1000watt psu (Sorry don't know the brand because it was given to me by my brother)
OCZ Technology 80 GB Vertex 2 Series SATA II 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive
Asus VE278Q Monitor
Windows 7 (64 bit)

Now I have done the following to try to fix it:

-Replaced DVI cable with brand new cable (even used HDMI and still occurred)
-Replaced the EVGA GTX 580 SC with a new one
-Cleared all drivers for gtx 580 and updated with current
-Under clocked back to default settings on cpu

Now the problem only happens on the desktop. I have never had an issue playing games (playing Battlefield 2 for hours straight and no problem). The flickering is random, some days it doesn't do it and others it can flicker for a few seconds taking a few min break then back to flickering. Its not overheating my cpu stays at 20-30 degrees cel and gpu stays at 30 degrees idle then 45-50 degrees cel on load.

Well that's it really. thank you all for the time and any advice/suggestions that can fix it would be grateful. Also my apologize if this is in the wrong thread, still kinda new at posting here. Thanks again!

OneSt3pCloser

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Still having this issue but what I did recently was switched my Asus monitor out with my brothers Samsung monitor. With the Samsung monitor it did not flicker or glitch up for the past couple of days. My brother used the Asus monitor for the same amount of time and it didn't flicker at all which in the amount of time testing it, it should have. I just re-plugged my Asus monitor back up to my computer and started flickering again. No clue if that narrows down anything or not.

Enroach

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Curious if you managed to figure out what your issues were One, I just started getting the same issues on my old rig after removing a hard drive, dusting it and plugging in the last 4 pin connector on the 24pin. Same parts, same monitor only remotely recent change was a swap to win 7.

MrCeezyC

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I am having the same problem i just updated to nividia GeForce GT 520 and a new power supply (Dynex 400-watt ATX Power Supply) and am still having problems im going to try my HDMI cords to my 32 inch right now but please respond someone! -Christian