mcmurphy510

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Got a question that I can't seem to find the answer to...

Please forgive me if this has been asked, or if the answer is posted somewhere obvious.

Do all z77 MotherBoards support hyper threading (assuming you have a CPU that does too)?

The reason I'm confused about this, is 'hyper threading' seems to be missing from the description of many motherboards, yet is explicitly stated on others. For example, pretty much every Asus board (as listed on newegg.com) does not state hyper threading... it seems like at least their high end boards should have it, while most (even the low end) ASRocks and a few Gigabyte state it explicitly.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hyperthreading does not require any motherboard-specific support beyond supporting CPU models that have hyperthreading.

Since all retail LGA1155 motherboards support the whole Celeron-Pentium-i3-i5-i7 range, they all implicitly support hyperthreading on models that have hyperthreading, namely i3 and i7.

InvalidError

Titan
Hyperthreading does not require any motherboard-specific support beyond supporting CPU models that have hyperthreading.

Since all retail LGA1155 motherboards support the whole Celeron-Pentium-i3-i5-i7 range, they all implicitly support hyperthreading on models that have hyperthreading, namely i3 and i7.

Solution