Sign in with
Your question

Pentium (R) duel core 3.2ghz FSB 1066 mhz problems

Last response: in CPUs
December 1, 2011 12:27:23 AM

wondering why my pentium(R) E6700 duel core 3.2ghz has 3.2 for one core and 1.87 for the other core. my mobo is a Asus p5n d, with a Ultra LSP 550w sli - PSU, - and running the Geforce GTS 450 FPB,

I've overclocked it 15% T 3.69 ghz. and every thing ran fine, but now the two cores are reading 2 different readings. of 3.2 and 1.87, in the system window of win 7, but i went in the device manager and they both were 3.2ghz, right now,. now when i overclock it to 20% it only overclocks one core to 2.14ghz when earlyer i oc it at 20% and it read 3.83ghz, which it ran so hot i had to shut it down and reset it to 15% that it runs fine with this setting, first core always stays at 3.2ghz. the second core is off.

i went back and cleared the Bios and saved everything in the bios that read core 1 - 3.2 and core 2- 3.19 everything went back to normal when I booted into win 7, i restarted back into the bios just to check it and it reads. 3.2 for the first core and 1.87 for the second core. but when i go into My Computer in windows it reads 3.2, and in the Device Manager both cores read 3.2ghz.
Just in the Bios it is two different core readings.

what i am asking is why is this doing it now after i reset the overclock to disable mode.

and iv overclocked my Kingston hyperX DDr2 800 mhz, and everything ran fine.

so if anyone knows why this is happening please give me a holler. oh i am also trying to find the advanced setting for the kingston memory,

thanx
a c 788 à CPUs
December 1, 2011 12:42:09 AM

Most likely a software error. (the reading)
December 1, 2011 1:16:21 AM

rolli59 said:
Most likely a software error. (the reading)

yah i have been looking all over to figure this out, can't figure it out. i also was wondering if the one core was bad. but in the device manager it was fine.
i went back and reset everything in the Bios to the original settings.
!