Your question

ASUS P8Z68-V LX LGA 1155 Refurbished from Newegg

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
September 6, 2012 4:57:25 PM

For $59.99 plus free shipping, I think this is an excellent deal, but i don't know what kind of refurbished is it. How would I go about knowing if it will have packagin and contents of the box included in this? I'm also gonna grab the 1 year warranty too just for the heck of it. It's only additional $10.00

Also, is it a good idea to get a refurb motherboard? I"m building a pc that would cost me about $600. I have already bought the intel CPU 2500K and XFX Radeon 6870. I have read good things about the motherboard.

I couldn't find anything else in this price range. Good idea or not?

More about : asus p8z68 lga 1155 refurbished newegg

September 6, 2012 5:54:41 PM

if it's from trusted seller, why not give a try.. you got a waranty for only $10, it's nice to hear.
m
l
a c 137 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
September 6, 2012 6:21:44 PM

Refurbished or not (and great deal, or not), I wouldn't get a P8Z68-V LX.

Do you plan to OC? (I imagine so, since you got a 2500K) Well, that board isn't very good for overclocking. Only a 4+2 power phase design, no heatsinks on the VRM's, and not a very OC friendly BIOS.

I have the P8Z68-V LE, which is one step above the LX, and besides the fact that it adds heatsinks to the VRM's, it's pretty much the same board as the LX.

I really wish I had gotten at least the P8Z68-V because overclocking on this board is a bit of a pain. You can only use Offsets for Vcore adjustment and (at least with my specific setup) the voltage needs to be a bit higher than average because of the crap power phase design (and my chip actually has a pretty decent VID programmed into it, so it's not really a "bad" chip. The VID is what Offsets work with, by the way).

Anyway, it's up to you, I'm just letting you know what you're getting into with that LX.
m
l
Related resources
September 6, 2012 7:11:58 PM

hey thanks for the reply. The thing is i'm such a newb that I wouldn't know where to start for the overclocking. I am reading more into overclocking and how it works and i got the 2500k for future overclocking. I'm not sure if i want to play around with settings that I have no idea what they do just yet.

For example, all that stuff you wrote, i barely understood any of it :p 
m
l
a c 137 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
September 6, 2012 7:23:33 PM

moeszyslak said:
For example, all that stuff you wrote, i barely understood any of it :p 

:lol:  Yeah, I understand it can be a bit confusing, but the Overclocking section here on Tom's is a great resource (even though the guides don't go into using offsets), along with doing some Googling. The good part is that overclocking a 2500K is relatively easy to do.

And just for your future reference, here's a great guide on Offset overclocking: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2162-Overclock...
m
l
!