Sign in with
Your question
Solved

LAN Security Question

Last response: in Networking
October 20, 2010 3:40:06 AM

for security purpose i would like to ask if it is possible to secure your self in LAN aside from putting a password in user profile?

for example in LAN theres 3 pc connected

im pc 1,
pc2 & pc3

when pc2 or pc3 access in my pc thru LAN a password prompt will appear or a error saying you do not have rights to access pc1.. is it possible without putting a password in my user account? if yes how...

thanks for the help...

More about : lan security question

a b 8 Security
October 20, 2010 6:35:52 AM

phatus said:

when pc2 or pc3 access in my pc thru LAN a password prompt will appear or a error saying you do not have rights to access pc1.. is it possible without putting a password in my user account? if yes how...

[#0005ff]Other network users can only access files in your computer if you have chosen to allow that in Sharing and Security. They might be able to see the list of folders but that's as far as they get.[/#000ff]
m
l
October 21, 2010 7:19:32 AM

"Other network users can only access files in your computer if you have chosen to allow that in Sharing and Security. They might be able to see the list of folders but that's as far as they get. "

yes i know that sir, what i mean is you have a shared folder but it is pw protected if they are going to access to your shared folder they need to put a password... is it possible? how? thanks in advance...
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

October 21, 2010 8:38:09 AM

This should answer your question about File sharing with password
October 31, 2010 1:52:45 AM

Best answer selected by phatus.
m
l
!