New System within 70,000 Indian Money or $1555 USD

Rajorshi

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Guys am a new member here in this forum.....I have been following this forum n website for quite a while....
Now my thing is dat i need help building a new rig....

Heres my requirements n consideration:
Mother board(P67 or H67)......will not SLI or CrossfireX nytime.....decided dis after reading this http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stutter-crossfire,2995.html

Proccessor-i5 2500k
Ram- Corsair Vengence 8GB/16GB
HDD- 1TB/2TB HDD from Seagate(Barracuda)
GPU- MSI GTX570 OC Twin Frozer III
PSU- Corsair TX750 / GS700 / GS800
Case- HAF 922 / Storm Enforcer
Keyboard- Microsoft X6
Mouse- Microsoft X5 or Razer DeathAdder
Headset- Creative Fatal1ty
CPU cooler- CM V6GT / Thermaltake Frio / CM 212 plus

These are the things that I am thinking of.........any of your addition or subtraction or replacement will be appreciated.......
I have this query that....does SSD actually decrease the boot up time...if yes then i would like to consider a 40gigs model as a boot drive only

Thank you in advance n please suggest n help

Solution
H67 - only GPU can be overclocked, not CPU
P67 - no on-board video but CPU can be overclocked
Z68 - combination of both boards + SSD Caching feature.

More detailed comparison here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155

PSU - Personally id push to get a 850w PSU, it will be a fair bit more expensive, but it gives you loads of headroom and will allow for a second GTX 570 to be added in SLI if you ever choose to upgrade. (if this is a route that appeals to you, make sure your motherboard choice supports SLI - some of the cheaper ones only support crossfire).

1GB is more than enough for 1080p.

i5-2500k wont bottle neck a 570. They will actually run very well together.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
1) SSD will boot windows much faster than HDD
2) If you dont want to SLI or Crossfire, you wont need more than 500w PSU with a single GTX570
3) HDDs - Samsungs 1TB SpinPoint F3 is recommended over SeaGate's Barracuda (although personally i own a SeaGate Barracuda and have no issues with it at all).
4) What motherboard do you plan on buying? (your link doesn't work)

Rajorshi

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
I have fixed the link.....
Thanks for taking time to reply
Well i really didnt fix any mobo as yet bt ppl r suggesting Asus P8P67!!

D reference 570 needs a 550watt according to Nvidia.......

I hav this ques in my mind
Do u think going for a cheaper Phenom2 X4 n n buying a GTX 580 will help.....??

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
ASUS is a good manufacturer. However, z68 boards offer more features than a p67 and at a very comparable price. So id take a look at an ASUS z68 (unless P67 IS a fair bit cheaper in which case go for the P67).

Measured power consumption with a GTX 570

System in IDLE = 181W
System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 369W
Difference (GPU load) = 188W
Add average IDLE wattage ~ 25W
Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 213 Watts

The most power drawn from the system was 369w. Although you want to use as little stress as possible on the PSU (60% i believe is optimal) 500w would still be enough. You could always bump up to a 550w/600w if you wanted to for peace of mind at a small price increase.

Processor: Personally id stick with the i5-2500k over an AMD. In terms of gaming performance, im not sure which would give more between:
Phenom2 x4 + GTX 580
or
i5-2500k and GTX 570

Maybe someone else can advise you there :)

Rajorshi

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Well first of all Thank u for ur reply.... :bounce:

well d price of Z68 is about 90-100 US Dollars i.e Rs 4-5000 INR more therefore i considered P67.......act i was on H67 first......Btw can u pls tell me what are the the advantages of Z68 over P67 over H67??

Nd about the PSU Hw will be Corsair GS700 I want to keep some good Headroom for I will be using the PSU for the next 5yrs b4 any change.......
And lastly

Do u think d 1.25GB will be enough for 1080P HD resolution......Or shud i Get a 2.5GB version from EVGA...... :D

Nd will dis much of Vram(1.25GB) bottleneck the GPU?? :eek:

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
H67 - only GPU can be overclocked, not CPU
P67 - no on-board video but CPU can be overclocked
Z68 - combination of both boards + SSD Caching feature.

More detailed comparison here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155

PSU - Personally id push to get a 850w PSU, it will be a fair bit more expensive, but it gives you loads of headroom and will allow for a second GTX 570 to be added in SLI if you ever choose to upgrade. (if this is a route that appeals to you, make sure your motherboard choice supports SLI - some of the cheaper ones only support crossfire).

1GB is more than enough for 1080p.

i5-2500k wont bottle neck a 570. They will actually run very well together.

Solution

Rajorshi

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
THank u Again for replying

Btw i was thinking over 580 as a option.....am not sure though coz its $612 USD.....bt if i get lucky n my father generously gives dat much den a refernce cooler wud be worth it ryt......coz at 612 dollars i will get a Zotac reference card!!