GTX 460ti and Dual Monitor Setup

chillin15

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
Hi All,

This might be a dumb question but I am currently in the process of building my own computer and am not sure about the audio portion of a dual monitor setup.

If I get the NVIDIA 460 GTX Ti and have two Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24-Inch monitors and want to have sound come from all 4 of the integrated monitor speakers - how can I achieve this?

I am connecting the monitors via the DVA connection but I only have one audio connection from my computer....

I want the sound from the speakers to come out of the monitors as if I had 4 speakers on one monitor. Sort of like a "span mode" for the integrated monitor speakers. is this possible without a sound card? (I am using the integrated sound on the chipset).

Another quick question: If i decide to buy a different monitor with an HDMI port on it, can I connect one monitor via DVI and another via HDMI and somehow also setup sound through the integrated speakers?

Thank you for your help!

BobbleBobble

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
I'd be interested to know if you ever solved this. I'm trying to do the same thing. Obviously a splitter isn't ideal, as the right speaker of the left monitor will be playing right channel sound, and the left speaker of right monitor will be playing left channel sound.

Ideally, from left to right, the four speakers would play Left Channel - Center Channel - Center Channel - Right Channel. But I can't figure out a way to do this, even with RealTek HD audio manager.

TRENDING THREADS