Cheap yet good motherboard for i7 930 Lga 1366

Hey,
I think my memory slots for my mobo is dead (I have the asus p6x58d- premium motherboard) and I am looking to replace it cheaper because I can't afford to buy anything expensive and I need my computer for work, school , ect....

This is my cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6819115225

Anyone suggest cheap motherboards that are efficient and good?

thanks guys
6 answers Last reply
More about cheap good motherboard 1366
  1. Unless you are willing to buy a refurbished or second-hand board, you are looking at over $220 for a "cheap" replacement brand-new board.
  2. Quote:
    Unless you are willing to buy a refurbished or second-hand board, you are looking at over $220 for a "cheap" replacement brand-new board.
    Would it be unsafe to buy a refurbished one from newegg or another site?
  3. The problem with refurb and used is that you never know how good the repairs/handling on it has been and the vendor warranty will usually be much shorter if any.

Make sure you check the vendor's return policy on refurb/2nd-hand before you buy if you go down that route.
  4. im not sure if its my motherboard thats at fault or my ram so idk what to do, its driving me nuts
  5. if the computer still boots, try memtest86 using a single DIMM at a time on each channel to see if the DIMMs and CPU memory channels are all working properly. If you find a DIMM that yields errors when used on different memory channels, set it aside. If you find a memory channel that yields errors with DIMMs that test fine on other channels, stop using the problematic channel.

If you have a defective DIMM, you can replace it.

If you have a defective channel, it may be caused either by an electrical fault on the motherboard or failure in the CPU. There is a ~50% chance that changing the motherboard will fix that.
  6. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Motherboards & Memory by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Intel i7