Cheap yet good motherboard for i7 930 Lga 1366

aajohnny

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Hey,
I think my memory slots for my mobo is dead (I have the asus p6x58d- premium motherboard) and I am looking to replace it cheaper because I can't afford to buy anything expensive and I need my computer for work, school , ect....

This is my cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6819115225

Anyone suggest cheap motherboards that are efficient and good?

thanks guys

InvalidError

Titan
The problem with refurb and used is that you never know how good the repairs/handling on it has been and the vendor warranty will usually be much shorter if any.

Make sure you check the vendor's return policy on refurb/2nd-hand before you buy if you go down that route.

InvalidError

Titan
if the computer still boots, try memtest86 using a single DIMM at a time on each channel to see if the DIMMs and CPU memory channels are all working properly. If you find a DIMM that yields errors when used on different memory channels, set it aside. If you find a memory channel that yields errors with DIMMs that test fine on other channels, stop using the problematic channel.

If you have a defective DIMM, you can replace it.

If you have a defective channel, it may be caused either by an electrical fault on the motherboard or failure in the CPU. There is a ~50% chance that changing the motherboard will fix that.