Sign in with
Your question

Need help about mobo and processor

Last response: in Motherboards
September 7, 2012 4:59:35 AM

Hello guys ... I need help on upgrading my pc ... my current specs are intel c2d e7500 2.93 ghz , zotac gtx 550ti 1 gb, 2 gb ddr2 ram , Intel dg41rq and corsair cx600 psu. I'm not satisfied with gaming performance(poor framerates in most games) with these specs at all. Hence upgrading my pc. I've seen this mobo -Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard & intel core i3 2120 3.3 ghz processor. I'm planning to buy this ... PLs tell if these r compatible wth each other. Does this mobo has pcie 2.0 ?? Is this processor suitable for this mobo ?? Will this improve my gaming performance ?? Is this a good upgrade ?? pls help !!!

More about : mobo processor

September 7, 2012 5:00:52 AM

Yes that motherboard and CPU are compatible. As to whether or not you will see better frame rates in games, I'm not 100% sure. You don't exactly have a powerful graphics card either. If you upgraded both the CPU and GPU you would definitely see better frame rates. Consider the Radeon 7770 if you want something easy on the budget, and a Radeon 7850 if you are willing to shell out a bit more and get much better performance.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 7, 2012 6:37:20 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Motherboards & Memory by Mousemonkey
m
l
Related resources
September 7, 2012 7:19:40 AM

nsouter853 said:
Yes that motherboard and CPU are compatible. As to whether or not you will see better frame rates in games, I'm not 100% sure. You don't exactly have a powerful graphics card either. If you upgraded both the CPU and GPU you would definitely see better frame rates. Consider the Radeon 7770 if you want something easy on the budget, and a Radeon 7850 if you are willing to shell out a bit more and get much better performance.

That gpu that i have is only 3 months old .. But the games are not running in the way they are supposed to with that gpu. I cannot afford to buy another gpu as of now. I dont play games at very high settings. Just medium settings with decent fps(no lags,freezes) is all I want. I'm not getting even that on low settings. Hence the upgrade. Btw is that mobo pcie 2.0 ??
m
l
September 10, 2012 5:01:48 AM

pls help me out
m
l
September 10, 2012 11:53:34 PM

Regardless of when you purchased the GPU (3 months or otherwise) it is still the same GPU it was when it launched, back in March 2011. That's pretty long ago now, and it was a low-end GPU even then. So one cannot expect the 550 Ti to perform that well, given that it's a series old budget-GPU.

Also, while the i3-2120 will work in that motherboard, I would suggest an alternative, the ASRock B75 Pro3. Check it out http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... . If I were building in the budget spectrum, that is the mobo I would choose.

Upgrading to an i3-2120 should improve your gaming performance, based on this 3DMark11 benchmark chart: http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/cpu/Intel+Core... where it scores about 70% better. However, whether or not it is right now, once upgrading to the 2120, your GPU will be the bottleneck, so don't expect 70% just from upgrading your CPU.
m
l
September 12, 2012 7:48:59 AM

Ok.. I'' take your advice. But I'm currently going to upgrade my mobo and processor. I'll deal with gpu later when i'm capable of buying.The mobo tht u suggested is not available in indian market. Will this motherboard be better as an alternative ??- http://www.flipkart.com/asrock-b75m-gl-motherboard/p/it...

Is ASrock better than GIgabyte??
m
l
September 14, 2012 4:02:23 AM

pls help me ..
m
l
November 21, 2012 3:44:36 AM

someone pls help me out !!!
m
l
November 21, 2012 1:22:55 PM

Hi Praveen,
This motherboard seems to be fine but check the reviews of the mobo on newegg.com. They will generally have good reviews of the mobos. Also, note that B75 intel chip set is for business purpose. You can go to intel site which will have details about chipsets for performance with good explanation.

-girish
m
l
November 30, 2012 5:34:51 AM

girishk said:
Hi Praveen,
This motherboard seems to be fine but check the reviews of the mobo on newegg.com. They will generally have good reviews of the mobos. Also, note that B75 intel chip set is for business purpose. You can go to intel site which will have details about chipsets for performance with good explanation.

-girish

Ok Girish .. As you said that B75 chipset is for business purposes ...Could you please suggest me which intel chipset/chipsets suit for gaming purposes for same the budget that I mentioned ??? pls reply as soon as possible ..
m
l
December 2, 2012 4:41:58 AM

pls reply ..
m
l
December 14, 2012 2:59:54 PM

someone pls reply
m
l
!