How does my usb sound card work?

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

that's not what i want to know. When I plug in my usb i do get sound, and I'm pretty happy that i can finally have front inputs/output. the thing is that this company is a dirt cheap company, but the sound I'm getting through this card is incredible, which I'm quite sure can't happen. So I was wondering whether my main PCI soundcard is processing the sound and relaying it to the usb or is it actually this card?

^^ Its the USB device thats doing the processing. As far as Windows is concerned, its its own soundcard. Its essentially acting as a USB to TRS converter, and doing a digital to analog conversion.

The overall quality of the audio output of the USB soundcard is dependent on how well its digitial to analog converter is.

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

That's freakin' amazing then!!!! I got this soundcard for just over 1 $.

djgenniex

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

Where did you get a USB sound card for a $1??? and how old or what are you using it on, laptop, desktop..

I have an EMachine T3524 that it's on board sound card is pretty bad, hooked up my speakers to an different desktop, but that one needs so much upgrading it's crazy. Trying for a fast fix and a good sound. Win XPSP3, the original on board sound card is a "Realtech"...hooked up a Behringer Podcast studio to it and it was shorted and my card when to the crapper afterwards.
Is my EMachine too old for old for this technology?

I mix techno/dance/house/trance mp3 with my pc for podcasts. Would a USB soundcard work for this kind of media?

Not familiar with the new USB soundcards. Do they also have a headphone & mic jack in them..how does this work??? I'm googling and I come up with forums.
HELP DJ needs to put up her podcasts.

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

Hey I'm staying in India, and it's a local brand which is why it's so cheap. But it's working pretty good for me.
Quantum QHM623
Here's the link to the main product website.

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

Whoa! Im so many years late, but in these years Ive got a much better understanding of hardware :p So yeah, definitely dont use that cheap ass 1$ card for mixing, it cant handle it nor will it. If you're looking for upgrading from Behringer, you can look at MAudio, cheaper Alesis products or the best yet A Focusrite Scarlet (It has a wolfsen chip! its a beauty) and yeah USB cards are very good for sound processing, look at all the iMacs used for music production where would they be if it were not for external cards.