What do I need for LAN/ICS via Bluetooth

Last response: in Technologies
April 21, 2004 5:48:37 AM

Hi!

I want to connect my PDA (Sony Clié) via Bluetooth to my PC.
Pairing & HotSync is established, now I want to go a little further and send
email via CLieMail and browse the web using AvantGO.

Question:
How can I connect to my Home LAN, using ICS via Bluetooth or so...
Can anybody give me a clue about that (using Windows XP)?

What I looked for:
ICS don't give me the option to use Bluetooth devices.
PDA has option "Windows RAS" over PPP which I don't get to work.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

More about : lan ics bluetooth

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 2:56:10 AM

You just need to create the ICS on your computer.

On your Clie you'll create a new Connection to LAN via Bluetooth, and the
Network using this will have no properties (perhaps a script if it times
out).

Have a look in our Bluetooth Guides, there's one for Sony Clie there.

Cheers

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

"Tom Huber" <th_huber_priv@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I want to connect my PDA (Sony Clié) via Bluetooth to my PC.
> Pairing & HotSync is established, now I want to go a little further and
send
> email via CLieMail and browse the web using AvantGO.
>
> Question:
> How can I connect to my Home LAN, using ICS via Bluetooth or so...
> Can anybody give me a clue about that (using Windows XP)?
>
> What I looked for:
> ICS don't give me the option to use Bluetooth devices.
> PDA has option "Windows RAS" over PPP which I don't get to work.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Tom

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 3:47:22 AM

"Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote

> On your Clie you'll create a new Connection to LAN via Bluetooth, and the
> Network using this will have no properties (perhaps a script if it times
> out).
> Have a look in our Bluetooth Guides, there's one for Sony Clie there.

Hi, Mauricio

got it working, thank you!

Greets,
Tom
October 19, 2004 12:18:07 PM

If you have upgraded your windows with SP 2 you will have a little
problem using the ICS but don't worry I have made a Pictorial that
can help you. You can read it at:
http://www.wifizard.com/tutorialsXP/gbt-solution/index....
Now if you don't know how-to share the connection you can ready this
one
(http://www.wifizard.com/tutorialsXP/hp_2215_conceptroni...),
but don't forget to read the first one if you have SP2 installed.
Well you can read any of my Tutorials at:
http://www.wifizard.com/tutorialsXP/index.htm

Cheers,
Ivan
Anonymous