PCI-E 2.0

Dkt3

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Hello,

I have a couple of questions today all regarding graphic cards, I was thinking of replacing my old nvidia GT 8800 with an
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card. I was wondering if my motherboard could possibly handle the new graphics card, All I know about my motherboard is that it is a btx motherboard and its apart of my dell xps 720. The 8800 GT on nvidia's site says pci-e express 2 compatible, thus I have no idea if my motherboard has PCI- E 2.0.

I also was wondering if an owner of the EVGA GTX 560 TI could tell me if the card is loud, my current video card is very loud and I was hoping to find one more quiet.

Thanks

computernugget

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
i helped some old dude install a new video card on his xps 400. it was an HD5670 and there was no issue installing the card onto his computer. the only issue i had was that i forgot to download the hdmi drivers for the card while i was downloading the catalyst suite, so catalyst had to download them which took an extra 5 minutes lol