Sabertooth z77 V/s maximus gene v V/s p8z77 v premium

Which among the 3 you would choose and why?
20 answers Last reply
More about sabertooth maximus gene p8z77 premium
  1. Got the Sabertooth myself , great board , looks good, no problems whatsoever, solid performer and overclocks like a beast. : )
  2. monsta said:
    Got the Sabertooth myself , great board , looks good, no problems whatsoever, solid performer and overclocks like a beast. : )

sabertooth z77-how is its thermal armor n dust defender any good? and did u oc yerself or there r options in built within it?
  3. The thermal armour and dust defender work well, the board keeps cool and the fans are hardly audible. I overclocked it myself , but it was simple. The bios has lots of features, takes a little time to get used to. I have no complaints , went with the Sabertooth due to it being a solid board.
  4. I have a Sabertooth X79 so the Sabertooth series is good especially for non-block OC'ing, and the warranty is 5 years, etc.

However, unless you state your need(s), use, components, etc this is all a guessing game.

For a great gaming MOBO I'd look at the Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX or Maximus V Formula the audio is superior and as I've stated before:

Quote:
    For the additional $40 over say over a Sabertooth Z77 (5 yr warranty) you're buying the sound, Bluetooth, WiFi and color scheme, but losing 2 years of warranty (3 yr warranty).
  5. HardwareTwitch said:
    Which among the 3 you would choose and why?

Have you thought of Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH !!
  6. jaquith said:
    I have a Sabertooth X79 so the Sabertooth series is good especially for non-block OC'ing, and the warranty is 5 years, etc.

However, unless you state your need(s), use, components, etc this is all a guessing game.

For a great gaming MOBO I'd look at the Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX or Maximus V Formula the audio is superior and as I've stated before:

Quote:
    For the additional $40 over say over a Sabertooth Z77 (5 yr warranty) you're buying the sound, Bluetooth, WiFi and color scheme, but losing 2 years of warranty (3 yr warranty).
    +1 out of the three your asking about i wouldn't personally buy none of those :whistle: For a great gaming MOBO I'd look at the Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX or Maximus V Formula the audio is superior as well.
  7. I am in the same boat I am looking for a decent motherboard in the price range of $250 tp $300 I have purchased cooler master haf x with blue led. I am considering gigabyte GA -Z77X-UP5 TH .
  8. hmm asus sabertooth z77 i guess cuz formula is good but with it i need all that water cooling equipments as i m not planning to get all that stuff...(budget )

for little oc and heat control i think sabertooth z77 is best bet, even with stock cooling system u can have some amt of oc i guess with no harm to hardware
  9. The ASUS Maximus V Formula doesn't require water cooling, the black capped barbs are there just in case you want to add it to a loop. The Pro primarily is audio, but there's also Bluetooth and WiFi (I don't recommend WiFi to be used for a Desktop PC).
  10. Just get the v-pro if your not going to run three or four gpu's TH just made it look bad with it's review trust me the v-pro is better than asrock 6 it's a joke anybody believes otherwise ;)
  11. My issue with ASRock is you have to look at the 'fine print' to see where they cut corners.
  12. jaquith said:
    My issue with ASRock is you have to look at the 'fine print' to see where they cut corners.
    +1 somebody on this forum that knows what their talking about when it comes to motherboards i am shocked :lol:
  13. ^+1

Asrock is the Diet Coke of Asus....
  14. The thing that cracks me up but kinda pisses me off not to much it's more a good laugh but i don't like that places that are suppose to be professional recommend mobos like Asrock extreme 4 yet they don't tell people most the boards die after a few months or things stop working this motherboard slips outside of typical ATX specifications. It’s 3cm thinner than a standard ATX motherboard and as a result may lack secure mounting on the far side since this isn’t a common size, which also means you should be very careful when plugging in the 24-pin ATX motherboard power – as the motherboard may flex. Yet it still get's TH recommended WTF!Lol!I really hope this forum get's back to being more professional and reliable.
  15. People like it cos it cheap
  16. monsta said:
    People like it cos it cheap
    Yeah i know but they should be told the reasoning why it's cheap :lol: it's wrong to recommend people to spend money on garbage imo ;)
  17. totally agree.
  18. people dont understand or learn the features of motherboards, there is no reason to get a premium board if you dont NEED one. the $120-$160 range is best for most people unless you are doing triple-quad sli/xfire or extreme OCing or you actually need the plentiful amount of ports.
  19. monsta said:
    totally agree.
    I am glad somebody does :lol: thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Sabertooth Product