ActiveX Problem

I don't know why lately my IE got this type of problem, when I go some
website it often pop up this message,

"Your current security setting prohibit ActiveX controls on this page. As a
result, the page may not display correctly."

But late time got no, I have enable all activeX setting in IE also the same.

Blake

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

What does this mean. If I understood what you are trying to say, maybe I
could help you.

"Leong" <leong_oh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I don't know why lately my IE got this type of problem, when I go some
> website it often pop up this message,
>
> "Your current security setting prohibit ActiveX controls on this page. As
> result, the page may not display correctly."
>
> But late time got no, I have enable all activeX setting in IE also the
same.

> Blake

Try re-registering the following .dll files
Softpub.dll
Wintrust.dll
Initpki.dll
Urlmon.dll

1. Click Start >Run and type
regsvr32 Softpub.dll
Click okay to register it
You should get a dialog box telling you that it was successful.
2. Repeat the process for the other .dll files.
3. Restart your computer and try the update site again.

if the above doesn't help -
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBD/tip1500/rh1525.htm
Your security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page.
http://www.virtualmachine.tk/
Note: Versions 5.00.3809 & 5.00.3810 are Security Fixes for version 5.00.3805.
Download and Install version 5.00.3805 (full version) first before installing
the upgrade(s).
Run the installation check which is available on the side of the page.
Sun version:
http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html

"Leong" <leong_oh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I don't know why lately my IE got this type of problem, when I go some
> website it often pop up this message,
>
> "Your current security setting prohibit ActiveX controls on this page. As a
> result, the page may not display correctly."
>
> But late time got no, I have enable all activeX setting in IE also the same.
>
> Blake

Leong,

You should set either your time or time zone correctly, you are posting in
the future.

--
Sir_George

"Leong" <leong_oh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I don't know why lately my IE got this type of problem, when I go some
> website it often pop up this message,
>
> "Your current security setting prohibit ActiveX controls on this page. As
> result, the page may not display correctly."
>
> But late time got no, I have enable all activeX setting in IE also the
same.

> Blake

Here's a tip for all of you who may have been getting the following
message:

"Your current settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page.
As a result, the page may not display correctly."

I found that it was caused by the "DCOMbobulator" application
available from Steve Gibson at http://grc.com/

That may be a handy app to provide security but it will cause that
error message to be displayed. Took me a while to figure out, so I
hope this will help some others who may have installed it and
forgotten about it.