NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Jagged Line Issue

twisted4000

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2011
So I have an NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT graphics card for my computer. Everything's plugged in correctly and games run quite well at medium-high settings. One problem: I get these jagged lines on a lot of my graphics in the games I play, particularly TF2. The characters have these slight jagged lines around them, a bit unnoticeable but they're there. It's extremely noticeable when I'm switching my loadout in the game, however. Here's a screenshot:

http://megaflash.weebly.com/uploads/3/2/0/7/320787/1945325.png?912

Ya see all that? That's my problem. I have the anti-aliasing thing set to 2x whatever. I've looked all over the internet on numerous threads and websites and nothing helps. They say the same old things: "set your anti-aliasing higher" or "set your resolution higher". My resolution is at the highest it can go: 1280x1024. I set the anti-aliasing thing to the highest possible and nothing happened. I've turned it off and nothing happened.

I think I have some sort of driver issue. I've gotten the latest drivers for the card and it's updated all the way. I have on-board video and I'm pretty sure I disabled that, since in the Device Manager I can't see its driver anywhere, even when I press "show hidden devices".

What further concludes my theory of this being a driver issue is that when I select different character loadouts in the game, it pauses for about a second while the music and clicking sound effect repeat until it enters the loadout. Sometimes their hat will disappear or the character itself may be invisible while the weapon and other equips ARE visible. Weird things.

One more thing: my monitor is kinda sucky. It has a stuck pixel and I got it from my friend, he had it for years and it's all banged up. I can see fine with it, but I don't know if this could cause jagged lines.

I remember using my old CRT monitor and I still saw the jagged lines, even with a previous card: the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX. Same problems.

What's going on, is the graphics card really just not good enough or something?

Here's my specs for further information:

Chassis: Raidmax Blade (Mid-Tower)
Motherboard: ECS MCP73VT-PM
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400 @ 2.7GHz
Memory: 4GB of DDR2
Storage: Seagate Barracuda SATA 750GB 7,200RPM HDD
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Power Supply: Ultra LSP650 Pro (650W)
Optical Drive: DVD Multi Recorder

Help. Thanks.