  • Nintendo
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 11, 2005 10:07:26 PM

i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?

More about : disappointed group

Anonymous
April 12, 2005 4:52:13 AM

Jim I wrote:
> i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
> for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
> flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?

Get him one of those Donkey Kong drum games...kids LOVE those and it
makes for a fun game. (kids love the aggression from banging the drums
and they get results on the tv screen)

Mark
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 6:30:02 AM

"Jim I" <jim488@webtv.net> wrote in message news:21909-425AF51E-232@storefull-3234.bay.webtv.net...
> i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
> for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
> flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?

What are you talking about? It's been like this for quite some time.
April 12, 2005 7:51:49 AM

Jim I:

> i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
> for his birthday.

I 2nd the Donkey Konga/Jungle Beat recommendation. Mario Kart Double Dash
is another excellent choice.
--
Mac Cool
Anonymous

"Jim I" <jim488@webtv.net> wrote in message
>i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
> for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
> flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?

.... Things have changed? The group was always like this.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 7:36:53 PM

thanks mark and mac, to others, i've been off web for awhile, but nice
of you to respond.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 8:45:05 PM

"Jim I" <jim488@webtv.net> wrote in message
>i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
> for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
> flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?

Your posts used to be so good, now all you do is complain about flaming. It
seems hardly related to nintendo dude
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:00:05 PM

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:07:26 -0400, jim488@webtv.net (Jim I) thought
hard and wrote:

>i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
>for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
>flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?

This group has been like this for a good while now, over a year.

--

-Daniel "Mr. Brevity" Kolle; 17 A.A. #2035
Koji Kondo, Yo-Yo Ma, Gustav Mahler, Krzysztof Penderecki, and Geirr Tveitt are my Gods.

a couple intelligent poters were able to deduce that my main objective
was to obtain a suggestion. i'm not here to start or continue an
argument, but if you so choose to respond again, as any lame half-wit
would, i suppose one would be compelled to classify you as, well, a lame
half-wit.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 11:47:40 PM

what's a poter?
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 2:15:22 PM

>a couple intelligent poters were able to deduce that my main objective
> was to obtain a suggestion. i'm not here to start or continue an
> argument, but if you so choose to respond again, as any lame half-wit
> would, i suppose one would be compelled to classify you as, well, a lame
> half-wit.

piss off troll
April 14, 2005 5:55:49 PM

"Jim I" <jim488@webtv.net> wrote in message
>i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
> for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
> flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?

I do not see a thread from you previously asking to recommend a game for a 9
yr old. Where is it please?
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 5:55:50 PM

to answer your question, i was separated from my wife since last march.
in that time she discontinued webtv service. we reconciled in october,
and i renewed service, having to choose a new screen name. i was jimcac
then (acronym for certified addiction counselor to satisfy the otherwise
inevitable, ignorant inquiries) besides, i never said i used to come
here looking for feedback on games for a 9 yr old. i stated i came here
looking for "feedback" period. i would hope, since you said "please"
that i have answered your question. again, i dont want to argue with
anyone and just asked for assistance here because of peoples gaming
experience, not their proficiciency in political debate or their desire
to flame any sincere posters.
April 14, 2005 9:03:12 PM

> to answer your question, i was separated from my wife since last march.
> in that time she discontinued webtv service. we reconciled in october,
> and i renewed service, having to choose a new screen name. i was jimcac
> then (acronym for certified addiction counselor to satisfy the otherwise
> inevitable, ignorant inquiries) besides, i never said i used to come
> here looking for feedback on games for a 9 yr old. i stated i came here
> looking for "feedback" period. i would hope, since you said "please"
> that i have answered your question. again, i dont want to argue with
> anyone and just asked for assistance here because of peoples gaming
> experience, not their proficiciency in political debate or their desire
> to flame any sincere posters.

Right I see, your post confused me into thinking you had already posted
about it but had gotten bad replies.
In answer to your question, games for 9 yr olds you could try Ty, Ty2, Tak,
Tak2. Just a couple of platformers which may interested your kid.
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 9:03:13 PM

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "Jim I" <jim488@webtv.net> wrote in message
>> to answer your question, i was separated from my wife since last march.
>> in that time she discontinued webtv service. we reconciled in october,
>> and i renewed service, having to choose a new screen name. i was jimcac
>> then (acronym for certified addiction counselor to satisfy the otherwise
>> inevitable, ignorant inquiries) besides, i never said i used to come
>> here looking for feedback on games for a 9 yr old. i stated i came here
>> looking for "feedback" period. i would hope, since you said "please"
>> that i have answered your question. again, i dont want to argue with
>> anyone and just asked for assistance here because of peoples gaming
>> experience, not their proficiciency in political debate or their desire
>> to flame any sincere posters.
>
> Right I see, your post confused me into thinking you had already posted
> about it but had gotten bad replies.
> In answer to your question, games for 9 yr olds you could try Ty, Ty2,
> Tak, Tak2. Just a couple of platformers which may interested your kid.

Why isn't anyone mentioning the mario party series? That's a multiplayer
game that everyone can enjoy.
April 14, 2005 9:05:18 PM

"Jim I" <jim488@webtv.net> wrote in message
> to answer your question, i was separated from my wife since last march.
> in that time she discontinued webtv service. we reconciled in october,
> and i renewed service, having to choose a new screen name. i was jimcac
> then (acronym for certified addiction counselor to satisfy the otherwise
> inevitable, ignorant inquiries) besides, i never said i used to come
> here looking for feedback on games for a 9 yr old. i stated i came here
> looking for "feedback" period. i would hope, since you said "please"
> that i have answered your question. again, i dont want to argue with
> anyone and just asked for assistance here because of peoples gaming
> experience, not their proficiciency in political debate or their desire
> to flame any sincere posters.

Also, if you have a PC for games you can download this new game aimed at
children made by the UN. It aims to educate youngsters about world hunger
and other problems.
http://www.food-force.com/
!