disappointed in this group

i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?
15 answers Last reply
More about disappointed group
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Jim I wrote:
    > i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
    > for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
    > flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?

    Get him one of those Donkey Kong drum games...kids LOVE those and it
    makes for a fun game. (kids love the aggression from banging the drums
    and they get results on the tv screen)

    Mark
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Jim I" <jim488@webtv.net> wrote in message news:21909-425AF51E-232@storefull-3234.bay.webtv.net...
    > i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
    > for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
    > flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?

    What are you talking about? It's been like this for quite some time.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Jim I:

    > i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
    > for his birthday.

    I 2nd the Donkey Konga/Jungle Beat recommendation. Mario Kart Double Dash
    is another excellent choice.
    --
    Mac Cool
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Jim I" <jim488@webtv.net> wrote in message
    >i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
    > for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
    > flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?

    .... Things have changed? The group was always like this.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    thanks mark and mac, to others, i've been off web for awhile, but nice
    of you to respond.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Jim I" <jim488@webtv.net> wrote in message
    >i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
    > for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
    > flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?

    Your posts used to be so good, now all you do is complain about flaming. It
    seems hardly related to nintendo dude
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:07:26 -0400, jim488@webtv.net (Jim I) thought
    hard and wrote:

    >i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
    >for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
    >flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?

    This group has been like this for a good while now, over a year.

    --

    -Daniel "Mr. Brevity" Kolle; 17 A.A. #2035
    Koji Kondo, Yo-Yo Ma, Gustav Mahler, Krzysztof Penderecki, and Geirr Tveitt are my Gods.

    a couple intelligent poters were able to deduce that my main objective
    was to obtain a suggestion. i'm not here to start or continue an
    argument, but if you so choose to respond again, as any lame half-wit
    would, i suppose one would be compelled to classify you as, well, a lame
    half-wit.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    what's a poter?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    >a couple intelligent poters were able to deduce that my main objective
    > was to obtain a suggestion. i'm not here to start or continue an
    > argument, but if you so choose to respond again, as any lame half-wit
    > would, i suppose one would be compelled to classify you as, well, a lame
    > half-wit.

    piss off troll
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Jim I" <jim488@webtv.net> wrote in message
    >i came here hoping to get an opinion on a game to get my nine yr old boy
    > for his birthday. i used to get feedback here. now you wast your time
    > flaming on subjects that don't belong here. what happened?

    I do not see a thread from you previously asking to recommend a game for a 9
    yr old. Where is it please?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    to answer your question, i was separated from my wife since last march.
    in that time she discontinued webtv service. we reconciled in october,
    and i renewed service, having to choose a new screen name. i was jimcac
    then (acronym for certified addiction counselor to satisfy the otherwise
    inevitable, ignorant inquiries) besides, i never said i used to come
    here looking for feedback on games for a 9 yr old. i stated i came here
    looking for "feedback" period. i would hope, since you said "please"
    that i have answered your question. again, i dont want to argue with
    anyone and just asked for assistance here because of peoples gaming
    experience, not their proficiciency in political debate or their desire
    to flame any sincere posters.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    > to answer your question, i was separated from my wife since last march.
    > in that time she discontinued webtv service. we reconciled in october,
    > and i renewed service, having to choose a new screen name. i was jimcac
    > then (acronym for certified addiction counselor to satisfy the otherwise
    > inevitable, ignorant inquiries) besides, i never said i used to come
    > here looking for feedback on games for a 9 yr old. i stated i came here
    > looking for "feedback" period. i would hope, since you said "please"
    > that i have answered your question. again, i dont want to argue with
    > anyone and just asked for assistance here because of peoples gaming
    > experience, not their proficiciency in political debate or their desire
    > to flame any sincere posters.

    Right I see, your post confused me into thinking you had already posted
    about it but had gotten bad replies.
    In answer to your question, games for 9 yr olds you could try Ty, Ty2, Tak,
    Tak2. Just a couple of platformers which may interested your kid.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    > "Jim I" <jim488@webtv.net> wrote in message
    >> to answer your question, i was separated from my wife since last march.
    >> in that time she discontinued webtv service. we reconciled in october,
    >> and i renewed service, having to choose a new screen name. i was jimcac
    >> then (acronym for certified addiction counselor to satisfy the otherwise
    >> inevitable, ignorant inquiries) besides, i never said i used to come
    >> here looking for feedback on games for a 9 yr old. i stated i came here
    >> looking for "feedback" period. i would hope, since you said "please"
    >> that i have answered your question. again, i dont want to argue with
    >> anyone and just asked for assistance here because of peoples gaming
    >> experience, not their proficiciency in political debate or their desire
    >> to flame any sincere posters.
    >
    > Right I see, your post confused me into thinking you had already posted
    > about it but had gotten bad replies.
    > In answer to your question, games for 9 yr olds you could try Ty, Ty2,
    > Tak, Tak2. Just a couple of platformers which may interested your kid.

    Why isn't anyone mentioning the mario party series? That's a multiplayer
    game that everyone can enjoy.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Jim I" <jim488@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > to answer your question, i was separated from my wife since last march.
    > in that time she discontinued webtv service. we reconciled in october,
    > and i renewed service, having to choose a new screen name. i was jimcac
    > then (acronym for certified addiction counselor to satisfy the otherwise
    > inevitable, ignorant inquiries) besides, i never said i used to come
    > here looking for feedback on games for a 9 yr old. i stated i came here
    > looking for "feedback" period. i would hope, since you said "please"
    > that i have answered your question. again, i dont want to argue with
    > anyone and just asked for assistance here because of peoples gaming
    > experience, not their proficiciency in political debate or their desire
    > to flame any sincere posters.

    Also, if you have a PC for games you can download this new game aimed at
    children made by the UN. It aims to educate youngsters about world hunger
    and other problems.
    http://www.food-force.com/

Console Gaming Games Gamecube Nintendo Video Games