chelecelis

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
hello, i have a gaming rig i built some months ago:
i7 950
gtx260
6gb ram
msi pro mb

and i use my 32 inch tv as monitor and i have seen that some people say a 24 inch wouold be better but dont really know my tv resolution is 1366x786, do you its worth it to buy a monitor , i use the pc just for gaming mainly.
do you thinkj a gtx 550ti or gtx560ti is worth it too i want to upgrade y video card, also you can suggest me a monitor or another video card if you want.

asandwhich

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
I am also using a 32 inch TV that is 720p. I would definitely suggest upgrading to a Monitor that is 1080p and LED backlight. There are tons of great deals on newegg.com
The higher resolution is a major plus. Typically monitors have higher refresh rates and are designed for the viewer to be seated closer so they provide less strain on your eyes.

Also the gtx 560 Ti is a fantastic card that I would suggest to anybody.

chelecelis

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

htanks for answering my question maybe im going to buy a monitor and definitely my next graphics card will be the gtx 560

Your monitor probably is limited to a refresh rate of 60hz or possibly less.

Current 1080P monitors will do 120hz or more. 1080P(1920 x 1080) will also display more detail of your games.
This is true, regardless of the size of the monitor be it 24", 32" or even 58". I think the 32" size is nice.

The double number of pixels(2m vs 1m) on a 1080P monitor will need a more powerful graphics card to maintain the current fps, let alone improve it.

The GTX260 is a very good card. If you are going to upgrade it, you should jump a couple of tiers, or you will be disappointed.
Look at a GTX560ti class card at least, or perhaps a GTX570 or GTX580.

I would suggest you upgrade your monitor first, and see how you do. Upgrade the graphics card later when you have a better idea of what you need/want.

Also, if you have space, keep the 32" display as a second display, you will find it most useful to hold e-mail, performance monitors and such.
It will be good for web browsing too.