Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best way to monitor internet bandwidth for laymen

Last response: in Networking
a b C Monitor
October 20, 2010 4:33:22 PM

Ok the job i have been tasked to try and figure out is give a high level manager the ability to see who is using the most internet bandwidth in house so they can decide if they need to take action on slow internet issues. I use the firewall to look at this myself but would never let anyone in there to save my life.. So any Ideas? Will i need to use a program with port mirror on managed switches or is there any easier way?? and if i have to use the port mirror would I have to use the last switch before the firewall to get all data?

Ok Thanks

Thently

Best solution

October 21, 2010 2:34:21 AM

thently said:
Ok the job i have been tasked to try and figure out is give a high level manager the ability to see who is using the most internet bandwidth in house so they can decide if they need to take action on slow internet issues. I use the firewall to look at this myself but would never let anyone in there to save my life.. So any Ideas? Will i need to use a program with port mirror on managed switches or is there any easier way?? and if i have to use the port mirror would I have to use the last switch before the firewall to get all data?

Ok Thanks

Thently

Bandwidth Monitor monitors bandwidth usages through computer it's installed on. The software displays real-time download and upload speeds in graphical and numerical forms (refer to screen shot below), logs bandwidth usages, and provides daily, weekly and monthly bandwidth usage reports. Bandwidth Monitor monitors all network connections on a computer, such as LAN network connection, Internet network connection, and VPN connection.
a b C Monitor
May 28, 2012 11:20:45 PM

Best answer selected by thently.
m
l
!