Solved

Computer powers up then shuts off and restarts in endless loop

Hello everyone,

I have an existing build and decided to upgrade new gpu and power supply and transfering everything to a new case.

Once I have everything set up, it powers on for about 10 sec then it shuts off and then restarts and then goes into a endless loop of trying to boot. When it powers on it is a very weak powering on, like the fans spin very weakly. Seems like something is causing it to short circuit or not having enough power. I made sure I have the grounding/stand off screw put in.

Anyone has any idea whats causing this?
Also, I screwed all the grounding/stand off screws in the case, could that be short circuiting it? Should I only put the grounding screws only on the holes of my motherboard?

Thank you so much.

Here are my parts:
case: cooler master hf 932
psu: cooler master 800w gold cert
gpu: xfx radeon hd 6870
ram: g skill 1333 6gb
cpu: i7 920
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer powers shuts restarts endless loop
  1. Best answer
    "Also, I screwed all the grounding/stand off screws in the case, could that be short circuiting it? Should I only put the grounding screws only on the holes of my motherboard?"

This is definitely shorting your MB. Remove all the posts and screws that don't correspond to a hole in the MB.
  2. R you sure you have everything hooked up properly and in the proper place, check your connections for power supply for then fans make sure those aren't loose
  3. Best answer selected by ff4930.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems