multiple openings

please can anyone tell me why my internet explorer sometimes has multiple
openings of it when I click to open it? I double click on the icon, and
instead of one browser window opening, the windows keep opening, and the
only way to stop them opening is to use ALT + F4 or using CTRL ALT and
DELETE function. please help!

mark

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

The best practice is to stay away from the web sites that have this sort of
behavior!
Failing that, you will need to install several things, such as spyware
blaster, ad aware, and anti popup software.
Hijack this is also on the recommended list, as are many others.

"Big mark" <mark@duke13.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> please can anyone tell me why my internet explorer sometimes has multiple
> openings of it when I click to open it? I double click on the icon, and
> instead of one browser window opening, the windows keep opening, and the
> only way to stop them opening is to use ALT + F4 or using CTRL ALT and
> DELETE function. please help!
>
> mark

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.