September 2, 2011 7:55:57 AM

Mobo:asus p8h67-m le
GPU:Galaxy GTX 560 Non ti
Processor:i5-2400 3.1GHz Stock cooler
Case:NZXT Hades
HDDs:WD caviar blue 500 GB
WD caviar 160 GB
RAM:2x4GB kingston 1333 MHz 1.5v
so my new pc does a weird sound while its runin like every 2 hours or so coming from pc itself not speakers and its kinda like the sound it does when it starts is this something i should be concerned of?
it just did it b4 i press the submit button
EDIT:forgot PSU Seasonic S12 II 520w

More about : weird sound

September 2, 2011 8:00:53 AM

Do you have any description of the sound? Is it a beep? A series of beeps? The sound of a fan grinding up? The sound of a wire catching on something?
m
l
September 2, 2011 8:09:06 AM

AdrianPerry said:
Do you have any description of the sound? Is it a beep? A series of beeps? The sound of a fan grinding up? The sound of a wire catching on something?

its one beep and its nuthin from a wire or something like that its kind of like the sound u hear when u push a small button
m
l
Related resources
September 2, 2011 8:37:09 AM

AdrianPerry said:
There's a few suggestions on this thread as to what the problem could be and what to try: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-290848.html

Id also recommend download "HWMonitor" and check that all your PC temperatures are running ok and nothing is too hot.

EDIT: This thread might also be useful http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/strange-appa...

its nuthing like the normal beeps its something like a "tik" then a sound like power loss or shutting down
Edit:could this be a problem of overheating or maybe cable management and btw i have my 160 GB HDD installed beside the gpu in a dvd slot only place i could put it in
m
l
September 2, 2011 8:42:01 AM

That sound is usually associated with the PSU shutting down or problem with the fan.

Is your PSU mounted in the top or bottom of your case? Does it have ventilation to draw cool air in?
m
l
September 2, 2011 8:53:19 AM

Mike20_14 said:
Mobo:asus p8h67-m le
GPU:Galaxy GTX 560 Non ti
Processor:i5-2400 3.1GHz Stock cooler
Case:NZXT Hades
HDDs:WD caviar blue 500 GB
WD caviar 160 GB
RAM:2x4GB kingston 1333 MHz 1.5v
so my new pc does a weird sound while its runin like every 2 hours or so coming from pc itself not speakers and its kinda like the sound it does when it starts is this something i should be concerned of?
it just did it b4 i press the submit button
EDIT:forgot PSU Seasonic S12 II 520w

It sounds like you are describing the sound of a hardrive spinning down. If this is the case its nothing to worry about. A hard drive spinning down sounds like a soft peww folowed by a slowing down spinning sound which stops after about 2 seconds.
m
l
September 2, 2011 9:33:26 AM

AdrianPerry said:
That sound is usually associated with the PSU shutting down or problem with the fan.

Is your PSU mounted in the top or bottom of your case? Does it have ventilation to draw cool air in?

its mounted down and its hard 2 know if there is a problem with fan cos its facing the ground and its a silent fan plus if there was a problem with the psu the pc would turnoff every time this happens i would go with what joe said bout hard drive cos of my old 160GB hard drive but it never did this on old pc well if u could tell me what usually causes this with hdds prolly i would be able to tell if its a hdd problem or not maybe its coming from my new 500 GB HDD
m
l
!