processor speed 3.0
FSB 1333
small form factor
4 gigs of ram
Windows 7
expansion slots: 1 low-profile PCIe x16 and 1 low-profile PCI
power supply 235 watts
my budget(hope to stay $100 or less)

full specs for this PC here-----> http://www.dell.com/downloads/...760_Spec_Sheet_en.pdf

Hello. A few years ago I purchased a Radeon HD 4550 graphics card for an old Dell that I have. It has worked great. Here is the product I bought, FYI
http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=209840906

I would like to purchase something similar(but better) for a Dell system that I just purchased(specs above).

Here are the things that I want
- HDMI output
- DVI output
- ability to play high bit rate files(such as blu ray) in picture perfect quality
- ability to do editing on video files recorded in high definition

The power supply for this Dell 760 is weak(235 watts). And it is a small form factor. So I think that I will need something with a low power draw and also something that can fit inside this thing.

I am not looking to push this thing to the limit. I do not play computer games. I have no need for gaming whatsoever. I would like to get something which is approximately 75% of the maximum that this system could handle.

I went to the local electronics store to look at the Radeon cards. I checked out the 5000 series and 6000 series cards. However, they do not list the required system specs. So I do not know which one would be best for me.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

TC

The specs for any video card can be found at the manufacturer's site, and this would include the watts and amps requirements.

I did verify the SFF power supply is 235 watts (I thought that it would be 305 watts). This limits the video card possibilities. You may get away with a 512 MB card that does not require more than 18 A. Heat dissipation in the SFF may also be an issue. No guarantees.