Memory slots broken??

aajohnny

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Hey,
Well I have been having issues the past few days on my mobo and how it hasn't been recognizing all my ram... not it only seems to recognize from only the A1 slot (First blue) slot. I have a Asus p6x58d - Premium with a Intel i7 930 processor. I have noticed that I have been using for a year or so now incompatible ram with compatible ram (QVL listed Ram with non) and I believe every slot in my Mobo besides A1 is broken... I tried to install the two incompatible sticks with A1 and B1 slots and it didn't boot the computer.... I did the same with the two QVL listed sticks and they both booted the computer but the computer only recognized the one in the A1 slot. I talked to Crucial (for my SSD) and mentioned the problem and they were 100% I had dead slots. I also talked to Intel about the CPU being the problem and it is not (Ran tests, and what not) and I came to the conclusion that the Memory is fine because I tested both sticks separate in the A1 slot even the incompatible ones and they work and recognize. Does this sound like Dead memory slots? This all happened every since I re-plugged in my Power supply, (tested it on another computer to see if their power supple was broken, mine was fine theirs wasn't) I think it may have shorted something, but yeah does it sound like dead memory slots? and if so could I just use 1 stick of 8gb ram for the time being until I get money for a new motherboard? (I need my computer for work, so I can't wait to RMA it)

aajohnny

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Well now i'm not sure if its not something mounted right and the motherboard is shorting or what. Now if I have 2 sticks of ram in A1 and B1 the computer will now boot... still recognized one, the sticks were tested and aren't faulty. Could a setting be messed up or something not mounted properly?

TRENDING THREADS