Repeating Auto Restart

ubango

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
I don't know where to put this because I don't know if the motherboard is the problem, I want to make sure the motherboard is actually the problem before I go and buy a new one.

Well here is the my problem with it my computer, I randomly got BSoD while playing a game, now I had the graphics to this game at medium, and I never had a problem with this game before.
Upon restarting my computer I get another BSoD soon after I get to desktop. Once again I restart and about 1 minute at sitting at desktop, my computer auto-restarts. So upon restart and given the option to safe mode, I go into that and nothing is restarting, no problems that I can see. So I shutdown computer and let it cool down for a couple of minutes.
In about 15 seconds worth of time my computer auto restarts 3 times each time with fans at full speed, so I just flip my power supply switch to get it over with.
So far every time I boot it up it does this, infinite loop of restarts.

I can't access my bluescreen logs in my internal hard drive of my desktop because the only computers I have at my house are three laptops.

The motherboard is MSI P67A-GD65
Video Card is Radeon 6950 1Gig GDDR5
Processor is the i5

I figure it might be the motherboard doing a fail safe restart or something, but was wondering what any of you thought about this.

And thank you for helping resolve this issue.

G

Use your laptop to burn a copy of Ubuntu to a CD. Boot Ubuntu from the CD and checkout your Windows error files!

You could also use that to rule out any hardware issues, run memtest and a cpu test from within Linux to make sure your hardware is working correctly and that Windows is the issue.