Need help, don't know if i should build or buy ?

tom951

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Hello, I'm thinking of building a pc for the first time and i was wondering if these specs i'm going to be using will be okay.

MotherBoard Asus M4A88TD-V EVO USB3.

Cpu AMD PhenomII X4 965 Black Edition.

RAM 8GB DDR3

Graphics Card EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti.

Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda 1TB.

DVD Burner LG Electronics 22x DVD Rw.

Case Thermaltake V3 Mid Tower

Power EZcool PS-1000 800w Infinity.

plus windows7, this is going to cost me around £530 or $860. I am trying to get the best value i can and was wondering if just buying a regular desktop would be enough to play the lattest games. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
If you were interested in a plain ordinary PC then you can probably buy it cheaper from a mass marketer, but you will get the cheapest parts that the manufacturer can buy. If you buy your own parts you might come close to the price from the mass marketer but you can get higher quality parts, and you can then modify it yourself. I don't think you can count on a cheap mass marketer PC to play any but the simplest of games, and these cheap PC's won't be easy to upgrade either.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Picking up "daily deals" can save you a HUGE amount if your not in a rush to build.

Build over the space of a month using daily deals / special offers and your into saving like 20%