MSI H77 driver upate

tukbol7

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
guys finally my new computer rig arrived today, but my problem is the store has already installed everything on it including windows 7 ulitmate and its intel drivers etc.. the problem is they used the DVD that comes with the motherboard so its an old drivers being installed in my desktop.. how to update this drivers? intel chipset drivers, realtek HD audio etc? i have already downloaded before hand the drivers for it, but i dont know how to install this when they have already installed an old drivers please help

Intel Core i5-3470
Deep Cool (Heatsink)
MSI H77-G43
8gb Ares
500gb WD
560w X Series Seasonic PSU
Lite-on DVD Driver
Corsair Carbide 500r

Solution
Download the drivers for your Windows version from the motherboard manufacturer's website. Then just install them - they will overwrite the existing drivers.
However, there is no need to install the latest drivers at all if everything seems to working properly, in fact it's advisable not to update drivers just because new versions exist as some new drivers can often cause problems where none existed before. My advice is to leave your existing drivers as they are, and only install a newer version of a particular driver if it addresses a specific problem that you're experiencing. With drivers, the golden rule is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Enjoy your new rig!
Download the drivers for your Windows version from the motherboard manufacturer's website. Then just install them - they will overwrite the existing drivers.
However, there is no need to install the latest drivers at all if everything seems to working properly, in fact it's advisable not to update drivers just because new versions exist as some new drivers can often cause problems where none existed before. My advice is to leave your existing drivers as they are, and only install a newer version of a particular driver if it addresses a specific problem that you're experiencing. With drivers, the golden rule is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Enjoy your new rig!

Solution