Closed

Safe temperature for the fanless ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB?

I just bought a HD 5450 to replace my HD 4650 (fan broke). It's running about 55 degrees Celsius on IDLE and almost 80 degrees with loads. The card doesn't have a fan, only a heatsink because it's so small and draws little power. What is safe temperature range for the card on maximum load?

On a side note, would my 4650 without a working fan worth anything? How much can I sell that for? It's in perfect condition.
4 answers Last reply
More about safe temperature fanless radeon 5450
  1. that temperature is fine, most graphics cards are designed to withstand temperature well above yours, if it does overheat, it'll shut down itself.
    your 4650 would sell for $10-$20 on ebay according to my wild guess.
  2. temps are fine dont worry bout it - its designed passive (better for low end card - less moving parts to fail :) )

this is also why i prefer reference coolers on video cards - these cheap aftermarket coolers some of the manufacturers use (ASUS especially with there ~9600 and most 4xxx ATI video cards used the same fans which were poor at best)
  3. hi, i have the same HD 5450 and it kept 56-7 Celsius on Idle, I modded the case and installed a fan from a broken PC power supply unit and voila - 41 idle & ~70 with load, cosidering that i maxxed it on the overdrive menu in the catalyst control center it's a big difference which cost me 2 hours and a fan from a PSU. I noticed the games are running a little bit smoother now.
  4. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Fan Temperature HD Graphics