More Bluetooth woes...

Last response: in Technologies
April 24, 2004 2:17:45 AM

I posted yesterday regarding Windows Explorer crashing with an error when I
use My Bluetooth Places and double click on OBEX File Transfer for my V600.

Further to this I have tried double clicking OBEX File Transfer in My
Bluetooth Places for my Sony Ericsson Z600, and it works fine - searches for
a moment, then shows 3 folders: Pictures, Themes and Sounds.

The only reason I want to do this is to get photos from my V600 to my PC.
So I researched a bit, and found if I go into the photo on the V600 and
choose Move or Copy, it'll Bluetooth it to whatever device I choose. So I
choose "Computer" (which is what my PC was named when I paired it with the
phone obviously) and the V600 comes up with "Service Not Supported" after
saying "Seeking Computer" for a second. Again, if I send a photo from my SE
Z600 to Computer, it works perfectly. The V600 will Bluetooth a photo to my
Z600 no problem, which I can then BT to the PC, but this isn't good enough
as I won't have the Z600 much longer.

Windows XP Home SP1

Please help!

Thank you.

More about : bluetooth woes

Anonymous
April 24, 2004 2:02:26 PM

Are you able to check what's the Bluetooth MAC address on this V600, please?

There are lots of reports on Geekzone of V600 with addresses FF:FF:FF:FF
causing problems. Just to check if this is the same situation...

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

"Moody Marco" <marco@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message
> I posted yesterday regarding Windows Explorer crashing with an error when
> use My Bluetooth Places and double click on OBEX File Transfer for my
V600.

> Further to this I have tried double clicking OBEX File Transfer in My
> Bluetooth Places for my Sony Ericsson Z600, and it works fine - searches
for
> a moment, then shows 3 folders: Pictures, Themes and Sounds.
>
> The only reason I want to do this is to get photos from my V600 to my PC.
> So I researched a bit, and found if I go into the photo on the V600 and
> choose Move or Copy, it'll Bluetooth it to whatever device I choose. So I
> choose "Computer" (which is what my PC was named when I paired it with the
> phone obviously) and the V600 comes up with "Service Not Supported" after
> saying "Seeking Computer" for a second. Again, if I send a photo from my
SE
> Z600 to Computer, it works perfectly. The V600 will Bluetooth a photo to
my
> Z600 no problem, which I can then BT to the PC, but this isn't good enough
> as I won't have the Z600 much longer.
>
> Windows XP Home SP1
>
> Please help!
>
> Thank you.

Anonymous
April 24, 2004 2:02:27 PM

Mauricio Freitas wrote:
> Are you able to check what's the Bluetooth MAC address on this V600,
> please?
>
> There are lots of reports on Geekzone of V600 with addresses
> FF:FF:FF:FF causing problems. Just to check if this is the same
> situation...

If I go into My Bluetooth Places and right click the V600 and choose
Properties it says Device address 00:0a:28:ec:13:6f (although the phone
isn't in range while I'm doing this, my gf has it at work, if that makes a
difference)

Thanks
April 25, 2004 2:07:55 PM

Ok, this is a valid address then. It must be something else.

> Mauricio Freitas wrote:
> > Are you able to check what's the Bluetooth MAC address on this V600,
> > please?
> >
> > There are lots of reports on Geekzone of V600 with addresses
> > FF:FF:FF:FF causing problems. Just to check if this is the same
> > situation...
>
> If I go into My Bluetooth Places and right click the V600 and choose
> Properties it says Device address 00:0a:28:ec:13:6f (although the phone
> isn't in range while I'm doing this, my gf has it at work, if that makes a
> difference)
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
April 29, 2004 7:09:37 PM

I have heard of nothing but problems with OBEX File Transfer (and it does
the same for me as you have described) and the final line that we came up
with is to use the stuff that comes with the Bluetooth dongle only to get
the drivers installed and then to get hold of some phone tools and do the
proper conenction stuff with them.

"Moody Marco" <marco@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message
> I posted yesterday regarding Windows Explorer crashing with an error when
> use My Bluetooth Places and double click on OBEX File Transfer for my
V600.

> Further to this I have tried double clicking OBEX File Transfer in My
> Bluetooth Places for my Sony Ericsson Z600, and it works fine - searches
for
> a moment, then shows 3 folders: Pictures, Themes and Sounds.
>
> The only reason I want to do this is to get photos from my V600 to my PC.
> So I researched a bit, and found if I go into the photo on the V600 and
> choose Move or Copy, it'll Bluetooth it to whatever device I choose. So I
> choose "Computer" (which is what my PC was named when I paired it with the
> phone obviously) and the V600 comes up with "Service Not Supported" after
> saying "Seeking Computer" for a second. Again, if I send a photo from my
SE
> Z600 to Computer, it works perfectly. The V600 will Bluetooth a photo to
my
> Z600 no problem, which I can then BT to the PC, but this isn't good enough
> as I won't have the Z600 much longer.
>
> Windows XP Home SP1
>
> Please help!
>
> Thank you.

Anonymous
April 29, 2004 7:20:30 PM

I dropped a file (a small mp3) into the "Exchange Folder" ... now I get
"Unable to establish a connection" .... at least explrer doesn't crahs now.
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 9:48:31 PM

SA wrote:
> I have heard of nothing but problems with OBEX File Transfer (and it
> does the same for me as you have described) and the final line that
> we came up with is to use the stuff that comes with the Bluetooth
> dongle only to get the drivers installed and then to get hold of some
> phone tools and do the proper conenction stuff with them.

I agree, but OBEX File Transfer works perfectly using my Sony Ericsson T610
and Z600.
!