barred from quick launch bar

I recently added more ram to my computer and the next day
I booted it up, my icons disappeared from the tool bar. I
tried to drag them down and drop it in, but I get that
stupid circle with a line thru it(is there a name for
that??). I right click on the bar and bring up
properties, click the quick launch box, click apply and
still nothing. I click on the bar and the quick launch box
is unchecked once again. The bar isn't locked as I've
tried all that. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?
1 answer Last reply
More about barred quick launch

    Hi,

    How to bring back the default working condition of the Taskbar.
    1. Click Start -> Run
    2. Type Regedit and navigate to the key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRe
    cts2. Delete the key "StuckRects2".
    3. Reboot the system.
    4. This sets the taskbar to the default working state

    Please open the path "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer"
    - where <username> is name of the account logged on to

    After you open the path, please verify if a "Quick Launch" folder exits in
    the above said path. If the folder does not exist create a folder by name
    "Quick Launch" and please copy the shortcuts you wish to appear on the
    Quich Launch.

    Now go to taskbar and re-enable the Quich Launch

    Hope this helps ...... :)

    Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

    The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --------------------
    --From: "Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
    --Sender: "Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
    --Subject: barred from quick launch bar
    --Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 09:22:42 -0700
    --
    --I recently added more ram to my computer and the next day
    --I booted it up, my icons disappeared from the tool bar. I
    --tried to drag them down and drop it in, but I get that
    --stupid circle with a line thru it(is there a name for
    --that??). I right click on the bar and bring up
    --properties, click the quick launch box, click apply and
    --still nothing. I click on the bar and the quick launch box
    --is unchecked once again. The bar isn't locked as I've
    --tried all that. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Configuration Quick Launch Customization Microsoft Windows XP