Dishant

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Hello , :hello:

My specs are :-

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 @ 2.0GHz

1GB RAM DDR2 PC-2/5300 667MHz

Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD6670 1GB DDR3

Nvidia NF-7050 Motherboard - Supports 4GB RAM Max. DDR2 667MHz - Total Slots - 2 , Empty Slot-1

I want to run latest games like Max Payne 3 , Battlefield 3 , CoD MW3 , Skyrim , Crysis , Assassins creed : All of 'em , Hitman 5 : Absolution Etc., on Windows 7 64 bit .

What would be the better option for ram to upgrade - get 1gb more ram , Total 2GB and run dual channel or get 2gb ram stick , total 3GB and run single channel?? i searched on many places , though i haven't got any satisfactory answers!! these are my options for my upgrade---

1GB RAM--

www.flipkart.com/evm-ddr2-1-gb-pc-ram-evmp1g667u68d-evmp1g667u88d/p/itmd9zdkrptxahth?pid=RAMD9ZDJRESJAZ7Q&ref=2fe635a5-ce04-46d9-892a-7cbb7fc43e1e

2GB RAM--

www.flipkart.com/transcend-ddr2-2-gb-pc-ram-jm667qlu-2g/p/itmd2rypv7sfvds4?pid=RAMD2RYPU2YE2MPX&icmpid=reco_pp_same_ram_beb_ram_1

Also , I don't want any comments that my cpu is low,, 'cause i already know.. and i saw many people on youtube running these games with the same cpu with mid high settings with no overclocking!! thanks .. please reply soon!!

P.S. I could only upgrade till 3gb max. my budget's not sufficient for buying 2x2GB sticks!!

Dishant

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
My mobo is nvidia nf-7050 with onboard graphics which suck a lot... ! This mobo specs is a bit difficult to find.. I somehow searched for it and got it supports 4gb max. Of ddr2 667mhz ... I searched on google about this but i didn't found anything useful.. Though i saw some people running windows 7 x64 on 3gb ram ddr2 with running latest games..! Though idk whether 2gb + 1gb or 3x1gb or 2x1gb + 2x512mb?? I m a lot confused... ! Please help!! Does mobo have to do something with OS? My cpu is 64 bit.. I already searched!! Would 2gb+1gb be fine for running latest games on windows 7 x64?

Sorry for long reply!!

Use CPU-Z to find out what motherboard you have.

3GB should be enough memory; I wouldn't recommend 4GB unless you can afford it (you previously wrote that you don't) and the motherboard can actually make it all available. You definitely can't install more than 2 modules if the motherboard only has 2 slots. Therefore you can't install 3x1gb or 2x1gb + 2x512mb.

I presume that you don't care about onboard graphics if a Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD6670 1GB DDR3 is installed.

Unless you build a powerful enough system, there always will be a bottleneck somewhere.

Yes because you should not install Windows 7 x64 on a system with less than 3GB of memory. What motherboard do you have? If it fully supports 4GB, then it would make sense to buy a 2 x 2GB kit and sell the 1GB module. Memory would then run in dual channel mode.

G

u just cannot plug in another ram into ur slot even if technical specification meets. U may end up with in compatibility issue. Best thing is to take out ur ram , go to market with it and try to buy similar ram.
Maximum ram support also depends on the board manufacturers. About ur chipset type here is original nvidia link.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/mobo_gpu_features_benefits.html#gf7nf5

Most of the motherboard of that generation support 64 bit OS. Yours should fully support 4 gb ram.
For 64 bit system 4 gb is bare minimum.
Suggestion is buy pair of 2X2 ddr 2 ram . Though ur budget is think over it. price of ram will be cheaper in general store then flipkart. Flikark is a den of thieves .

In this site (link below) check the price of gskill ddr2 ram . This one is a quality product. The one you is mentioned (Transcend DDR2 2) just another value ram . One is giving u a quality product for the same price. In computer market price will be lower.

http://ratetorate.in/categories/Memory/Desktop-Memory

Dishant

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
u just cannot plug in another ram into ur slot even if technical specification meets. U may end up with in compatibility issue. Best thing is to take out ur ram , go to market with it and try to buy similar ram.
Maximum ram support also depends on the board manufacturers. About ur chipset type here is original nvidia link.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/mobo_gpu_features_benefits.html#gf7nf5

Most of the motherboard of that generation support 64 bit OS. Yours should fully support 4 gb ram.
For 64 bit system 4 gb is bare minimum.
Suggestion is buy pair of 2X2 ddr 2 ram . Though ur budget is think over it. price of ram will be cheaper in general store then flipkart. Flikark is a den of thieves .

In this site (link below) check the price of gskill ddr2 ram . This one is a quality product. The one you is mentioned (Transcend DDR2 2) just another value ram . One is giving u a quality product for the same price. In computer market price will be lower.

http://ratetorate.in/categories/Memory/Desktop-Memory

sorry but the link you gave me is having mostly ddr3 rams and there is no rams available compatible with my mobo - which supports 667mhz PC-2/5300 only !!
However , thnx for the reply!!

Dishant

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

2x2gb kit of ddr2 ram in india is rarely available !! should i buy two same rams , of stated above??

As I said before, 4GB would be better, but I can't verify if your motherboard makes all 4GB available if you don't provide the motherboard manufacturer and model (CPU-Z, Mainboard tab). Windows 7 x64 requires a bit more memory than the x86 version, but you haven't explained why you want to install that version and limit the system memory to 3GB.

Dishant

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Sorry for the late reply..! I want to run the x64 version because i saw that latest games run with good performance on it and as my cpu is also 64 bit, and i heard that installing x64 version will give give performance boost rather than x86 version..! And As i told you before, my budget's till 2gb ram only.. :( .. Btw , instead of x64 .. What would be the performance with windows ultimate x86 version with my expected upgrade of the games stated above? Please reply soon!!

Dishant

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
So , for now , 3gb ram ddr2 667mhz , win 7 ultimate x86 , intel pentium dual core e2180 2.0ghz and ati hd6670 1gb ddr3 should to fine to run the games stated above..? And would my pc run assassins creed 3 as well with these specs?

iKryptic

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
I dont think your CPU will be able to cope with those games. I used to have a Core 2 Duo e4500 2.3Ghz and an HD6870 with 3gb of RAM and games wouldnt run very well :/ Upgrade your CPU, motherboard and ram and you should be fine for a while

Dishant

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

thnx for your reply!! btw .. can you tell me the performance you got with any latest game(s) you played on your pc..? it'd be much appreciated!!

Dishant

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

thnx... So i should go for 3gb , ok? On windows 7 x86?

And btw , will this cpu be supported by my mobo and rest of the specs? I have a zebronics 450w psu!! Please reply soon!!