Hi everyone I am green as the spring grass on building a new pc and I was wondering if any one is willing to help out or point out and flaws I have with the PC component setup I am presenting. It would be much appreciated.
Basically I am looking at a half decent FPS gaming machine that wont break the bank and some good warranties. I have been working on this config for sometime but I wanted anyones opinions in general from any other builders to point out anything that I need to know. Be aware though I have limited technical knowledge. I am eager at building this but hesitant. This is my first hobby I picked up after getting out of the military and turning my rifle in. So here it is:
I am a bit hesitant on what Cd drive to to pick out. Am I missing anything if so please point them out. Any suggestions would be great. I thank you for your time, knowledge and look forward to hearing from you. Cheers.
1) PSU is overkill for a single card, and not enough to run SLI 560Ti's. Go with either 500w, or 750w.
2) The RAM you've listed i believe is 1.65v, SandyBridge recommends 1.5v to avoid any compatiblity issues. Corsair Vengeance, G.Skill or Dominator is a popular choice.
3) Sound card probably wont make any difference than the onboard sound on the motherboard.
4) HDD - Samsung SpinPoint F3 seems to be the HDD of choice, performing better than the Caviar Black at a cheaper price.
5) Id recommend looking into a z68 board over a p67 due to the extra features and minor price difference.
^^ Corsair H70 - I believe the Noctua NH DH-14 Air Cooler provides better cooling performance than a Corsair H70 at a cheaper price.
Budget cooler Hyper 212+ also has great cooling performance at a very low price.