Memory Ten. Inc.? Any One Have Transactions With This Company?

Ljonesind

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Recently received correspondence related to getting a job from a craigslist posting. Have been trying to verify person is related to Memory Ten, Inc.

Any one have any information on this company ?

thanks,

In all cases, don't divulge information online to sources you don't know.

Is this the company you are speaking of?
http://www.memoryten.com/mm5/merchant.mvc
http://www.memoryx.net/contact.html
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=38780139

They have been around. I have NEVER dealt with them nor have I ever heard of them until now. I have been in the business for a very long time. However, I mostly deal with well established vendors which may account for my lack of knowledge on these guys.

*note these guys have two separate designed sites which is wonky.

forward52

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

Hi - I got the same email from someone CLAIMING to be from MemoryTen Inc,, offering me a job as a personal assistant in NY. They were in Singapore. I went to the website of MemoryTen Inc., which is a real company, and emailed their HR department to find out if the offer was real. I got a reply - it is a fraud. The posting on Craigs list was not put there by the actual company but is a scam. Don't send them your info. The real company seems real and reputable, but the job offer was not.

Gasbo

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
Thanks for the insight, I also received the same offer for a job and the person hiring was in Canada, did sound fishy I will be sure not to forward any persona information, thanks again.

forward52

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

You're welcome. Yesterday I got a similar job offer from someone claiming to be an MD but he was in Belgium for 3 weeks and needed an assistant (me) right away. I think it's a new version of "I am an African king with gold and diamonds. I just need your bank account #". Stay safe and well!

M

G

I got the email and everything from Canada the exact same way you did. Fortunately I haven't given any banking details but I did respond. He send me a check for quite a large sum of money and a list of things he wants me to do for my first assignment and spend the money on somethings for his work. I know how much he sounds like a scammer but is there any proof not to believe him?

Uther39

Distinguished
1. Nothing in life is free.
2. If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
3. How often, does some random chap walk up to you in the street and give you alot of money and ask you to spend it for him ?

The way this works, is you deposit the check in your account. Then you buy & ship the things to him. Finally, his original check bounces and the bank takes the money out of your account. You've just paid for his shopping and you have no way to get the stuff back! :non: :pfff:

Memoryten

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011
This is Kenneth Olsen, CEO of MemoryTen Inc. Http://Www.memoryx.net. 2800 Bowers Ave, Santa Clara, CA. The postings on craigslist offering a job are fraudulent. Please do not provide any personal information. Law enforcement has been notified, but because the individuals are located overseas, there is not much they can do to stop it. My apologies to anyone who has been caught in this scam.

skschick

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
so sad, I was almost part of this scam. It happened in the weekend and really thought it was legit. They said I would be their Personal assistant. Everything looked legit, they even have a number (800-351-1480) However, my fiance researched more and realized it was a scam. This one asked for yahoo id, it said it had to donate to two orphanages, and asked all this wiring info. They said that they will give the money upfront and had an account and everything . we figured of course that those accounts could be fake and of course could bounce. I caught them in their scam before I became their victim. It is just disheartening especially when you are really trying to find a job. Ahh so sad. They also created a whole employment agreement and everything. These scammers are doing their research im order to seem more legit.

Here is the email that I received:

Dear Candidate,
Your resume was received and reviewed by my HR dept, after close consideration, you have been shortlisted and given provisional appointment.

My name is Kenneth Olsen, i'm the CEO of MemoryTen Inc. MemoryTen deals basically in Memory cards and computer accessories. We have been in business since 1996. Our company TAX ID # is 20-1030216 and DUNNS # is 17-851-6282 for your personal review. I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. This position is a part time position for now and flexible. We are establishing a new location in your area which you will be a part of the team upon completion. I'll need your services 2-3 times weekly which should be about 10-12 hours weekly. We will set up a formal interview as soon as i am back in the states to sign the necessary documents.

Tasks:
* Routine filing, accounting tasks, computer work, personal errands, property maintenance in addition to bookkeeping. I have been checking my files and i'll need you to run some errands for me this week, i will get you more information on that. I will also have some funds sent to you to carry out the assignments as well as your weekly salary.

Pay:
You will receive a weekly salary of $400. There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on. This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. Kindly get back with your contact details as below so we can proceed to the next step.

Personal Information
First Name:
Last Name:
Address(P.O box not allowed):
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Sex:
Mobile (For SMS):

Applicant should also be HONEST and TRUSTWORTHY

Once i have received your contact information, i will get back to you with an employment agreement form and also the next steps and tasks. Your information requested is needed for our company database as an employee and i assure you that your information is safe and will not be shared.

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

Best regards,
Kenneth Olsen

Director/CEO
MemoryTen Inc

Kadder

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I received a very similar email claiming to be from the head of their legal department. I thought it sounded fishy. I'm so glad I found this thread. This is the email I received:

RECEPTIONIST / PERSONAL ASSISTANT

I got your resume and it has been reviewed, you are now been considered for the position of Receptionist/Personal Assistant with the company. I am happy to inform you that after close consideration with your resume, you have been accepted and given provision appointment. Below are our company details and personal data for you review, please be reminded that you cannot share this information with a third party.

DBA-MemoryTen Inc
Type of Business Computer Wholesales
Tax ID Number 20-1030216
Dun & Bradstreet 17-851-6282 for memoryX (Affliated Company)

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. This position is a part time position and flexible, your activities amongst other things will include; Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring. Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them. Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away. Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf. Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.

Basic wage is $500 Weekly, I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point as I am presently in the Indonesia, I will be back in three Weeks. We will set up a formal interview as soon as I am back in the states to sign the necessary documents.

I have been checking my files and I'll need you to run some errands for me immediately, hopefully this week, I will get you more information on that. I will also have some funds sent to you to carry out the assignments as well as your weekly salary. There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on. This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as:

Personal Information
First Name:
Last Name:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Sex:
Specify the hours that you will be available if my schedule doesn't work with the hours I requested
Days/Hours You will be available:

Monday ____
Tuesday ____
Wednesday ____
Thursday ____
Friday ____
Saturday ____
Sunday ____

Hours Available: from _______ to ______

What date are you available to start work?________________

The employee,acknowledged the Detailed Job Description
and signed___________________________________________
(First Name and Last Name of Employee)

Once I have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the next steps and tasks. Your information requested is needed for our company database as an employee and I assure you that your information is safe and will not be shared.

Best regards,
Ms Danielle Manley

for: Head of Legal Department
MemoryTen Inc

Guys common sense here!

"I received and reviewed your resume and would like to give you money for a job you didn't apply for with no qualifications"
... "oh and what is your name?"

Really!

karabbin

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
Here is the email that I received today: :cry: :pt1cable: :pfff:

CONGRATULATIONS!

I got your resume and it has been reviewed, i am happy to inform you that after close consideration with your resume, you have been accepted and given provision

appointment. Below are our company details and personal data for you review, please be reminded that you cannot share this information with a third party.

DBA-MemoryTen Inc
Tax ID Number 20-1030216

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. This position is a part time position and flexible bassically

remotely for the first 2 weeks until and back to states, your activities amongst other things will include;

Running personal errands,
supervisions and monitoring
Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away.
Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
Posting advert online and through news papers.
Sending out business quotations to customers.

Basic wage is $500 Weekly, i'm sure you'll understand i tend to have a very busy schedule at this point as i am presently in the Canada, i will be back in two

Weeks. We will set up a formal interview as soon as i am back in the states to sign the necessary documents,prior to my arrival, i will like you to set up a yahoo

instant messenger and add me (southern412@yahoo.com) to keep us close in contact, I have been checking my files and i'll need you to run some errands for me as

soon as possible, i will get you more information on that. I will also have some funds sent to you to carry out the assignments as well as your weekly salary. There

is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.
This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I will like you to get back to me

with your Contact Details such as:

Personal Information

First Name:
Last Name:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Sex:
A picture attach to your email if possible,

Specify the hours that you will be available if my schedule doesn't work with the hours i requested

Days/Hours You will be available:
Monday ____
Tuesday ____
Wednesday ____
Thursday ____
Friday ____
Saturday ____
Sunday ____
Hours Available: from _______ to ______
What date are you available to start work?________________

Your Yahoo Messenger ID Important you must have one :
Let chat on yahoo messenger My ID is: southern412@yahoo.com
The employee,acknowledged the Detailed Job Description and signed___________________ (First Name and Last Name of Employee)

Once i have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the next steps and tasks. Your information requested is needed for our company

database as an employee and i assure you that your
information is safe and will not be shared.
Best regards,

Stephen South

DumbGirl0

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
DO NOT DO THIS. TRUST YOUR INTUITION: IF SOMETHING DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT, THEN IT'S MOST LIKELY NOT.

I received the same e-mails and fell for the scam. I talked to him on the phone (Texas phone number) once and it seemed he had an Australian/ New Zealand accent. "Ken Olsen" gave me "his" bank routing numbers so that I could "pay off" my entire credit card bill in order to do his errands. I felt really sketchy about the whole thing, but went against my gut feeling. I called my credit card company and gave them the routing numbers Olsen had gave me and "paid off" my credit card. I now had a credit card balance of $0.00 but not for long. I was then told to take out $500 Cash Advance through my credit card and send it to QUEENS, NY (Red Flag right there). I sent the money via Western Union (I had never been to a Western Union prior and it is one of the sketchiest places I've ever been). I even called the guy I was sending it to prior and asked if "Ken Olsen" was a good person to work for, obviously, they were in on it together. Wow. So I send the money thinking everything's okay and then the next day "Ken" has me going to Best Buy to buy a "gift" for his good friend's son, which was a $600 Blackberry Torch. I bought the phone and he had me send it to GHANA, AFRICA (HUGE RED FLAG). But, again, against my intuition, I sent it because I had felt that he had legitimately paid my credit card and I had owed him the balance he had paid ($1200). It was $120 just to ship to package to Ghana. This was in a 2 day time span and I had started to feel extremely paranoid and scared for my life. I couldn't sleep I had so much anxiety, I ended up calling Chase, (the bank from the routing numbers Ken had given me) and asked them if "Ken Olsen" was the name under the card, a Chase Rep replied, "No" but couldn't tell me the name (for privacy, of course) so I then proceeded to tell them my story and told them that there may be fraudulent charges on the card. I ended up making a police report in the city I was living in to protect myself because I thought that I could be sued for identity theft, etc, etc. My personal credit card ended up contacting me saying that my credit card had been maxed out and over the limit by $1000 (Chase had reverted the charges so I in turn had -$2400 instead of my original $-1200). I was completely devastated and did not know what to do. I told my credit card company my story and tried to make some sort of payment plan. I am still currently paying for my credit card.

I still kept in contact with him hoping to catch the criminal. I told him that I cancelled the Blackberry Torch shipment in hopes of retrieving the phone and getting my money back for it. I still have all of his text messages and Yahoo Messenger messages just in case I ever need them.

While keeping in touch with him, he sent me 3 checks made out to me in the amount of $965 each. I also received a text message in French from a random number with some sort of confirmation code. I ignored both and decided to end all ties with "Ken Olsen" as I did not want to get more deeply involved with his scams. I haven't spoken to him in about a month.

Through my stupidity and ignorance, I hope people learn to trust their intuition and not fall for scams like these.

Sorry to hear your story Girl0. The old adage - if it's too good to be true, it isn't. Just remember, there are a lot of good intentions and people out there. But you will learn that with personal information, there is rarely ever a reason to let your guard down.

evesurit

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Thank you for the Scam advisory. I received the e-mail today and immediately proceded to search for scamming with this company with respect to Mr. Olsen, who is claiming to be CEO. Thanks for the immediate verification; the postings are extremely supportive.

mjp1305

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012

Well, not sure where you have "been around", but Memory X aka Memory Ten is the largest re seller of used memory in the US. Obviously, that is a scam email purporting to be from MemoryX.

I think a simple phone call to them would answer the questions folks may have.

123help

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
This is a fraud operation, stealing from the real Memory ten with stolen credit card orders, orders on the good credit of the real company. They have jobs open for people to accept all the stolen goods for them and ship to their real address outside the US.

mrm_84

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
Thanks everybody for sharing this!
I JUST received an email from a John Green letting me know that I got the personal assistant job. What a fraud!!

CONGRATULATIONS!
I got your resume and it has been reviewed, i am happy to inform you that after close consideration with your resume, you have been accepted and given provision appointment. Below are our company details and personal data for you review, please be reminded that you cannot share this information with a third party.

DBA-MemoryTen Inc
Tax ID Number 20-1030216

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable, someone with good understanding and working skills, and i have no doubt that you will perform as expected, Hence You are being recruited as my Personal Assistant !

** This position is home-based for now, and flexible while we relocate to our permanent office, Working with me is basically about instructions and following them. Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to: directly assisting me in all personal matters; maintaining company/Personal records, basic book-keeping, data entry.

** Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring! Scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them. Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away. Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf. Handling and monitoring some of my
financial activities.

** Basic wage is $800 Weekly. (Not Negotiable)

Recall that this position is often not office based because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, its flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. Your Weekly wage of 800 dollars is fixed, and not negotiable. I require a convenient, one-stop service to accomplish my personal and business tasks.

I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually, as I have lots of works piled up presently and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with. Permit me to use the coming days to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I have no reservation that you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship ! I am glad you are willing to work with me and I promise to be a good Boss, and not a demanding one. I require total discretion, honesty, and loyalty from you. I will arrange for a personal one-on-one meeting with you on my arrival. Be prepared to meet with me.
However, in line with the monthly Humanitarian obligation of the company which is central to visiting Canada, the company is donating gifts and several other items to the kids at the Foster home, while I am away, you will be handling this responsibility/duty on my behalf, and in my absence ! This is going to be your first assignment, Let me put you to test!

As for the gifts, and items to be bought for the kids, i will send you a list and description of the items, alongside delivery address when purchased. Note that you are not to use your personal funds, rather, the accountant will issue you a Certified Company Check to execute the task with, and complete the assignment.

DO CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POSITION BY PROVIDING THE DETAILS BELOW.

Full Name (As it will be written on the payment)
Full Address (No P O BOX Address)
Apt #
City, State And Zip Code
Cell #
How many times do you check your email daily ?
The employee,acknowledged the Detailed Job Description and signed

(First Name and Last Name of Employee)

Upon receipt of the above details, you may become considered for the position, as this will enable me outline further task and duties as well as obligations for coming days. Your appointment takes effect from the first day you receive the first assignment.

Thank you once again for gracing this application, and hope to hear from you again.

Sincerely,
John Green.

apcrcom

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
"memory ten" "memoryten.com" Memory Ten
memoryten.com memoryten.com

Needed a specific type of USB stick for a data recovery job. Very hard to find, and thought I had lucked out when I located stock for sale and available on http://www.memoryten.com/

Ordered the drive (a 2gb Sandisk) usb. It cost $30 to including shipping from the USA.
http://prntscr.com/2lhtsj

We paid immediately, and awaited the order to arrive, which it did, within a few days, in a courier envelope.

I was surprised when I opened it to find a totally different flash drive model inside.

I emailed them 23 dec advsing they had sent the wrong item.
http://prntscr.com/2lhuho

No response 2 weeks later, so I emailed them again
http://prntscr.com/2lhunj

No response 11 days later, so I emailed them again
http://prntscr.com/2lhuwd

I get an email the next day (this is 26 days after the initial purchase!) admitting they made a mistake and offering for me to spend another $10 and they would ship it to me for free. I had already explained, via email, *twice*, that a substitute item would not work, and that I needed the original item. Obviously they had not even read any of the preceding emails.

I emailed them and asked that they refund my money, as the item they had sent was not what I ordered.
http://prntscr.com/2lhvqq

several days later later, and still no response from them. I emailed again.
http://prntscr.com/2lhvw7

That was yesterday afternoon. Another day has elapsed (5 days since I requested a refund, one month after the item was ordered) and "no response" from them! Again!. That was when I did a quick search online and found this thread.

Needless to say, I will never be dealing with them again. This is some of the worst service I have seen in a long time, and I wanted to jot this all down for anyone else thinking of dealing with them in future.

8 emails. One month of our time, and our customer's time, wasted. Our mistake was dealing with them in the first place.