photo editing software, do any of them have this feature?

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 29, 2005 2:02:41 PM

Hi,
I sell on ebay and have around 300 pics that I have to edit each week.
I was wondering if there was any software that you could load all of the
pics into, and apply a standard edit to?
I adjust each picture the same anyway (roughly) and thought maybe there is
some software out there which could edit every picture of mine the same way?
I hope I've explained it clearly.
Thanks in advance
Andy
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 2:02:42 PM

"Andy A" <wortnip@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:D 2b5ja$rag$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk:

> some software out there which could edit every picture of mine the
> same way?

It depends on the editing you want to perform, but Irfanview has a lot of
batch processing options.
Freeware at http://www.irfanview.com/

--
Onno Voors
Anonymous

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:02:41 +0100, "Andy A" <wortnip@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I sell on ebay and have around 300 pics that I have to edit each week.
>I was wondering if there was any software that you could load all of the
>pics into, and apply a standard edit to?
>I adjust each picture the same anyway (roughly) and thought maybe there is
>some software out there which could edit every picture of mine the same way?
>I hope I've explained it clearly.
>Thanks in advance
>Andy

Paint Shop Pro has scripting available; you make the script, and apply
it to your pics.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Andy A wrote:
> Hi,
> I sell on ebay and have around 300 pics that I have to edit each week.
> I was wondering if there was any software that you could load all of the
> pics into, and apply a standard edit to?
> I adjust each picture the same anyway (roughly) and thought maybe there is
> some software out there which could edit every picture of mine the same way?
> I hope I've explained it clearly.
> Thanks in advance
> Andy

Paint Shop Pro. Apply one of ythe scrips that are part of the program, or make your own.
March 29, 2005 9:27:30 PM

Hello Andy!

You can try Color Pilot (http://www.colorpilot.com/pilot.html) - the
software for color and brightness correction.
Color Pilot allows you to save the results of the preceding correction.
If you have many photos with a similar color balance, it is enough to
correct one photo and then to click the Repeat button on the
main toolbar.
After downloading the trial version of the program you can see the
demonstration how to correct several photos. For that you should open
Example 14 on the menu Examples.

Best regards,

Olga Panchenko
Two Pilots
http://www.colorpilot.com
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 4:15:50 AM

Andy A <wortnip@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I sell on ebay and have around 300 pics that I have to edit each week.
> I was wondering if there was any software that you could load all of the
> pics into, and apply a standard edit to?
> I adjust each picture the same anyway (roughly) and thought maybe there is
> some software out there which could edit every picture of mine the same way?
> I hope I've explained it clearly.

ImageMagick. Use the 'mogrify' command.

ImageMagick is good at cropping, shrinking, adjusting color balance, and
layering images (as for a watermark). And it does it all from the
command line.
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 4:44:08 AM

In article <d2b5ja$rag$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk>,
"Andy A" <wortnip@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I sell on ebay and have around 300 pics that I have to edit each week.
> I was wondering if there was any software that you could load all of the
> pics into, and apply a standard edit to?
> I adjust each picture the same anyway (roughly) and thought maybe there is
> some software out there which could edit every picture of mine the same way?
> I hope I've explained it clearly.
> Thanks in advance
> Andy

You can create an 'Action' in Photoshop - crop, resize, edit etc and
then apply it to other pictures.
!