Sign in with
Your question

Multiple monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 2, 2011 7:08:37 AM

Hey guys, i would like to ask you something

I ve got an old pc, socket 775, evga mobo with the nForce 790i Ultra SLI chipset.
(3 pcie x16 slots)

I want to set up an array of 5 22 inch monitors, one NEXT TO each other all working as a SINGLE desktop
and then have another SEPARATE 22 inch monitor, as another SEPARATE desktop.

Is such a thing possible? (I mean with any third party or official software eg. eyefinity)
And if it is, what specs in terms of mainly graphics power or anything else (eg. Ram, not the cpu though) will i need?

(P.S. don't worry about the price)

Any suggestions are well appreciated

Thanx alot guys
Awesome page, awesome people

More about : multiple monitors

July 2, 2011 8:50:38 AM

If you want to have so many displays, you first want to do a serious upgrade to your whole system.
a b U Graphics card
July 2, 2011 10:24:06 AM

carbonstyle72 said:
If you want to have so many displays, you first want to do a serious upgrade to your whole system.

You don't even know if he's gaming. I'm going to assume not considering he can afford 6 monitors but has such a old computer which would be fine for a non-gamer.

I think you can just buy 2 cheap AMD cards and run 6 displays.
July 2, 2011 8:15:57 PM

hey guys, the problem is not the processing power or smt, i mean its not going to be a gaming pc, just some pictures or video and stuff, my problem is not the hardware stuff, i mean the graphics card or so

I just want to know if there is such configuration out there, and if so how am i gonna configure it? i mean what kind of software am i gonna use to be able to use 5 screens as one desktop and another separate screen as another desktop?

again thanx
!