Sign in with
Your question

[Troubleshooting]No Display

Last response: in Systems
September 3, 2011 12:11:31 AM

So I put everything together and when I turn the computer on, the following things I notice;

The CPU is on
The PSU is on
The GPU is on

I also see the green light button, but the monitor is blank and nothing comes up.

*I have a VGA monitor and using the HDMI to VGA adapter that came with the GPU*

*I've tried switching the hddled thing and tried tightening everything, but it's still not working.*

*I've also tried the "PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about boot/no video problems!"*

My components are:

NZXT M59
Asus M4A87TD EVO
HIS Radeon HD 6790
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black
Corsair Vengeance Blue 4 GB 1600mHz
Corsair Builder Series CX V2 430-Watt
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB

Thanks in advance if your advice helps.
September 3, 2011 12:34:45 AM

Where, exactly, did it fail in the "PERFORM THESE STEPS" list?
m
l
September 3, 2011 12:37:08 AM

Is there a way to know?
m
l
Related resources
September 3, 2011 12:48:31 AM

So, you are not getting ANY beeps from the speaker attached to the motherboard? You tried bread boarding it? did THAT change the beep patterns? Did you work thru the list or just read thru it?
m
l
September 3, 2011 1:07:54 AM

I don't have the speaker attached to the motherboard(didn't come with it) and I just read through the list rechecking everything.
m
l
September 3, 2011 3:01:04 AM

Is the monitor cable is plugged into the video card and not the motherboard? (I've done that once).

Is the BIOS reset from onboard video to the external card?
m
l
September 3, 2011 3:05:09 AM

Thanks everyone. Turns out the monitor is just really really really old(even with the HDMI to VGA adapter). Switched to an LCD monitor and it worked.
m
l
September 3, 2011 1:38:39 PM

chickenwings said:
I don't have the speaker attached to the motherboard(didn't come with it) and I just read through the list rechecking everything.

If you don't have the speaker attached, you can't hear what the MB is having a problem with! It's like telling the Dr. what your symptoms are, then finding out he is deaf!
m
l
!