PSU for 560 gtx oc SLI?

PandaBlast

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Hello,

I am wondering if this power supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W.
Can handle 560 gtx SLI overclocked (2gb version). I am also planning to overclock the i5 2500k.
I do not have the money for the SLI yet but I am planning to do this in the future.

The rest of my components are:
Corsair Vengeance 8 gb 1600
P8Z68 V PRO
Deskstar 7K3000 2tb
Cooler Master Hyper 212
Corsair 500R
Some standard dvd drive

If the cooler master isn't fit which psu is? I do not want to spend a lot more then I will for this one (120 euro's).

Thanks.

A high quality 750 watt power supply with sufficient amperage on the +12 volt rail(s) is plenty for your future rig. Here is a link to the graphics cards power requirements database:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/graphic-cards/gpu-power-requirements.html

If you are interested in gold certified power supplies, then here is a link to the Platinum and Gold Certified power supply database:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/power-supplies/platinum-and-gold-certified.html

The database includes numerous links to technical reviews. You can read the expert reviews to help you make an informed decision.

ezrielthefallen

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

so is this fake then?

ezrielthefallen

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

is coomax cw-560t 500w sticker is real as far as i can tell if this is a fake its a damn real one.

ezrielthefallen - Currently Coolmax does not offer a model CW-560t power supply:

http://www.coolmaxusa.com/productCenter.asp

Coolmax used to offer a CW-650t power supply but it is no longer available:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817159056

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1698861&CatId=2036

I can find no record of Coolmax ever offering a model CW-560t power supply. However, years ago Coolmax used to offer pc cases. One series was designated as the CV-560 series and the cases in that series sometimes had either a 400 watt or 500 watt power supply installed.

BTW - Do not hijack other members thread. Next time start your own thread.

PandaBlast

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
As for 750 watt, will it be sufficient? I read a 560 gtx sli oc needs at least 800w.
As by this: GeForce GTX 560 in 2-way SLI

A second card requires you to add another ~175 Watts. You need a 700+ Watt power supply unit if you use it in a high-end system (800+ to a KiloWatt is recommended if you plan on any overclocking).
From guru 3d.

So would 750 watts really be sufficient?

PandaBlast

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
As for the Corsair HX 850 watts. What is the benefit of it?
I might consider it, but it's 20 euro's more expensive then the Coolermaster, and I'm kind of short on cash now.
Would I need the extra 50 watts?
As for the XFX 850.
It says this at hardwaresecrets:
The number of cables is terrific for the high-end user, however if you want to install more than two very high-end video cards you will need to use adapters, since each very high-end card takes two auxiliary power connectors each and this power supply comes with “only” four of them.
Wouldn't four be enough then? Do I need those cables for something other then the video cards?

Guess you didn't read the part about an OC'd i7 965 /1366 testbed.
Which requires more power to run then a 2nd gen SB rig.

Most 850W units include 4 x pci-e connectors = no problem there!
Units that include 6 are very recent models(HX -850 exception)
6 pins are for 3 card set-ups btw.
You only need 4.

Yes the XFX is enough what's 27 x 2 = ?
The XFX has 62A on the 12V rails total.

Let's go back to the original question about the Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 watt power supply.

The psu is 80+ Gold Certified so it is listed in the Platinum and Gold Power Supply Database I posted in my original comment. If you go to the database and scroll down to the Coolermaster Gold psu section you will see links to 8 technical reviews of the power supply. All 8 technical reviews indicate the Cooler Master is a good power supply. It is not the very best but it is good. It should be okay and you should not have any problems with it.

PandaBlast

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
I'm thinking of going with the XFX Pro XXX 750 watt. This should be enough too drive the system right? I'm chose this over the normal 750 because it's semi modular.
Regarding the Ampers I'm a bit lost. 62 A in total on the 12 V rail? But it only has one rail so it has 62 A in total? So 2 A for the rest of the setup is enough? I have the feeling I'm wrong about it in total being 62 A. But so, please explain how it works.

Is there any advantage of getting more then 750 watts?

Do the 560 ti 2gb really need 30 A? Wouldn't that figure get higher when oc'ing?

Thanks a lot for all the replies so far.

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED

this psu is perfect, no need to upgrade psu
calculate power requirement here and select 560t to match overclocking of 560

extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

your overall power requierment after sli and overclocking is around 650w, and you have a 80+ gold rating psu of 800w which is more than enough

so you have a great psu and it can handle 560+sli+oc and 2500k+oc very easily
no need to buy amy other psu