Sign in with
Your question

How to configure a linksys E2000 sharing internet that uses EV-DO?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 29, 2011 8:45:13 PM

I recently bought a linksys E2000 router and i wanted to share internet connection with other computers using this router. I am using a wireless EV-DO device for internet connection. Will i be able to share this internet connection with other computers using the router?
January 29, 2011 10:05:38 PM

the EV-DO device should be using USB which you will not be able to directly connect to the router
January 30, 2011 7:37:18 AM

No...i can not directly connect it to the router.....because I can connect the EV-DO device on a usb port............but i was thinking that if i connect it to one computer and make that computer to share its connection for other computers.....I tried that but it didn't work....so i guess the router must have an internet connection plugged in it???
Related resources
January 30, 2011 4:45:13 PM

I would change the LAN IP of the router from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.254.1

then connect the WAN/Internet port of the router to you computer's network port.

finally you need to setup ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on you computer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126
January 30, 2011 5:03:01 PM

Thanks for the reply....i'll give that a try......but this also means that the one computer that is EV-DO attached to it will have to be connected to the internet port of the router all the time? thanks.
!