How to Print through wireless Network

crazy359

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
I have over 10 computers in my household, I only have 1 printer tho. So what is a method to print directly from any computer linked to the wireless network, without having to copy the file to a usb stick and then printing it.
Please help me out.
Thx

lihuahellen

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010

Getting started
A wireless network requires two main components:
•Base station (also called a router or gateway)
•Network adapter for each computer on your network
Sharing a printer
There are two types of shared printers:
•Network printers are connected directly to a network, usually to a device called a print server rather than to a particular computer.
•Local printers, which you're more likely to use, are attached to a single computer on a network. By setting up printer sharing, you can share a local printer with the other computers on the network.
To share a printer, open the Printers control panel by clicking Start, pointing to Settings (or Control Panel) and then clicking Printers (or Printers and Faxes). Select the printer you want to share and on the File menu, click Sharing, or click Properties and then click the Sharing tab. In the Sharing dialog box, choose to share or not to share the printer.
Here are some other things to know about sharing printers:
•Naming a shared printer.
•Setting up other computers to use a shared printer.
On computers running Windows XP and Windows 2000, you can also install the drivers for other operating systems when you first share the printer. To do so, click Additional Drivers in the Sharing dialog box. You do not need to install the drivers in the other computers.
After the shared printer is set up, you can send print jobs from any of the computers in the workgroup exactly as you would print to a local printer.