1055t AMD OverClocking

darktonian

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
I want to overclock my 1055t from stock 2.8 ghz To 3.4 ghz maybe higher when I get my H80 Liquid Cpu Cooler it will be here in 3 days. My CPU gets to 40-45MAX While under load on the stock fan so overclocking is not an issue. I am on here because I have never overclocked anything and I need to know how to overclock a 1055t in Bios and how do i get my memory to stay 1600 in bios if I overclock my CPU. Im A real newbie when it comes to bios/overclocking please help!!

darktonian

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
Ok First of all I've read people who have overclocked this chip to 3.6 No problem on stock cooler. I have an H80 Liquid cooler And im only trying to overclock to 3.4 so please dont tell me what to do and my temps are amazing.

Dec 2, 2011
since you have a non black edition, you'll have have to up the FSB speed and probably increase the voltages. then to keep 1600 on ram you'll have to adjust the FSB : dram ratio in your bios. You'll need to so some math to crunch the numbers. FSB x multiplier = total clock speed.

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

if you don't want people to tell you what to do , WHY ASK ? And the temps are not amazing , stress all cores @100% for a few hours , then tell me your amazing temps

kcsmacker

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011

I agree you should do a real burn in test to see if your temps really are good. Also most temp monitors are reported to run 10-12c hotter then what they really are running at for the Phenom 1055T

The reason why he was upset is because he was asking for help and a comment told him to not overclock just because he did not have a Black Edition chip. He came here for help and to learn not to be told, dont do it cuz your a noob.

I would suggets you wait until you get that cooler and then run a stress test to see what your running at to see what your starting at then use a guide. You can find many. someone posted this one as a basic information for starters:

http://www.overclock.net/t/902756/amd-overclock-guide-for-newbs

has some good info that I think you will find useful