Sign in with
Your question

A75m-hvs not running dual channel

Last response: in Motherboards
September 9, 2012 8:05:47 AM

Hello!
Im new so here I go! Okay, my motherboard won't run in dual channel anymore. Ever since I reformatted the computer it's been stuck on single channel. It just reads 8gb with 3.98 avaliable. I feel like I've tried everything. Restarting CMOS, moving the ram around, unhooking everything, reformatting again, updating bios, everything. Now here's the odd part, the official asrock website says the ram I bought isn't compadable with it, but yet it use to run in dual channel just fine with this ram when I first put my computer together. The ram is two G.Skill 1600 DDR3 4gb. I contacted customer support and he had no idea how to handle the situation. I am running windows 7 64x. Any ideas of what could have happen? Was it maybe just a fluke it worked originally? Its been a hassle for weeks now : p
Thanks mates!
September 14, 2012 6:47:13 AM

Gibsonbirdv said:
Hello!
Im new so here I go! Okay, my motherboard won't run in dual channel anymore. Ever since I reformatted the computer it's been stuck on single channel. It just reads 8gb with 3.98 avaliable. I feel like I've tried everything. Restarting CMOS, moving the ram around, unhooking everything, reformatting again, updating bios, everything. Now here's the odd part, the official asrock website says the ram I bought isn't compadable with it, but yet it use to run in dual channel just fine with this ram when I first put my computer together. The ram is two G.Skill 1600 DDR3 4gb. I contacted customer support and he had no idea how to handle the situation. I am running windows 7 64x. Any ideas of what could have happen? Was it maybe just a fluke it worked originally? Its been a hassle for weeks now : p
Thanks mates!

seems we have the same problem mate... mine's a fatal1ty 990fx with same gskill rams you're using.. i am thinking its issue with the slots. i have even tested the rams with memtest86 with no issues. :pfff: 
m
l
September 21, 2012 6:57:54 AM

Yeah I was hoping that wasn't the issue. It's weird, it started doing this before I even removed the ram. It's like when I reformatted my comp it damaged something. It's a real pain. I don't know I'm pretty confused on the whole situation : p
m
l
!